Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars that are Dinosaurs

bluskye

Reaction score
Due to the lack of activity on the Forums I thought this article might create some discussion. This article was in this mornings USA Today and lists 15 cars that have not been updated in ages. The main point of this article is that these fifteen cars have not updated their architecture for a long time. FCA has 5 cars on this list, which includes all of the Dodge line except the Durango. Yes, I know there have been new stripe, color, front/rear facia's, and wide body options that have been introduced over the last 10+ years at FCA. A couple of years ago it was talked about new "Giorgio" architecture coming out for the Dodge vehicles in 2020. Recent statements by people in the know have said that has been pushed back to 2022-2023. In addition, there has been discussion that the new "Giorgio" architecture being developed will not be used in the new Dodge vehicles. Instead it has been suggested that the existing 10+ year old Mercedes architecture will be modified for the new 2022-2023 Dodge vehicles.

So I am reading about the 2019-2020 Dodge vehicles being introduced with "new" stripes, colors, or wide bodies on the same old cars and it isn't generating a lot of interest in me. I am not trying to be a "Denny Downer", but I am just wondering what others on the forum are thinking about where things are going with Dodge vehicles.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I think saying the Charger's last redesign was in 2006 is completely inaccurate. It was redesigned in 2011, then again in 2015 and IIRC only the rear doors and roof carried over after the 2015 redesign. But still, it looks very similar in profile to the 2011 car and the interior is almost identical. So yeah, it does seem as though FCA has a disproportionate amount of dinosaurs, especially when you consider that this article didn't mention the Journey, Durango, or Fiat 500.

Users who are viewing this thread