Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carlos Keynote speech at Paris Autoshow

AlexB

Reaction score
At 26:45 minute mark Carlos talks about California/CARB States

cygnus

Reaction score
🤮

Wishing the US operations would just be spun off already.

AlexB

Reaction score
🤮

You must be on something:
The 44th President of the United States SLAMMED THE DOOR ON THAT THOUGHT:

8:00 minute mark
March 30,2009.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
🤮

Never happen, they have to pay the bills and be robbed to keep the Euro stuff afloat. Did you see the news today how Alfa is "a success and fine for the next 10 years". 100% thanks to this

2023-dodge-hornet-gt.jpg

I am awaiting Dodge versions of the Giulia and Stelvio as I type!

Mopar392

Reaction score
Never happen, they have to pay the bills and be robbed to keep the Euro stuff afloat. Did you see the news today how Alfa is "a success and fine for the next 10 years". 100% thanks to this

2023-dodge-hornet-gt.jpg

How would it be thanks to that, when it just started the pre-order and not even went into production?
Dodge version became a reality after Alfa decided to utilize the legacy SUSW platform.

AlexB

Reaction score
How would it be thanks to that, when it just started the pre-order and not even went into production?
Dodge version became a reality after Alfa decided to utilize the legacy SUSW platform.
And the Dodge was design to help fill up capacity in Italy.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Order, price and sales projections. At $29,900 even I am interested in it. That thing is going to be a massive hit and they know it. Its a dealer lot stuffer, high seller, like Dodges use to be. $5000+ cash on the hood included.

Carlos see's it as another Nissan Rogue

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score

2023-dodge-hornet-gt.jpg

It will never happen because :1 U.S. Government ruled that “standalone Chrysler business “is a business without viability
2: You don’t “undo” Bankruptcy
3: Fiat & Stellantis corporate governance is more similar to Ford corporate governance with the Ford family than pre-bankruptcy Chrysler.
John Elkann through investment Exor had approximately 44% percent of the vote of Fiat/FCA, and if/when French Government sells their stake by 2026 , Exor vote returns to 44% in conjunctions with the Peugeot Family.

Not to indifferent from Elkann and Enzo Ferrari’s family with Ferrari, and similar to Ford Family power in Dearborn.
BTW, for all the talk about France, the Carlos pay package (over $20 million) was reject by Stellantis shareholders(including the French Government), but John Elkann vacated the Shareholders vote making their vote “non-binding recommendation”.
Then John rejected the recommendation, so Carlos got his money.

cygnus

Reaction score
Can you please stop replying to my posts? I really don’t care about anything you have to say.

Chrysler US operations are completely viable independent of Europe. I don’t care what happened in the past. We really want nothing to do with Europe.

pumadog

Reaction score
Chrysler US operations concentrate on selling the old 300 and Pacifica/Voyager. That's all.
Not sure if there are dedicated brand teams for engineering and design of upcoming cars at Stellantis America.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Chrysler US operations concentrate on selling the old 300 and Pacifica/Voyager. That's all.
Not sure if there are dedicated brand teams for engineering and design of upcoming cars at Stellantis America.
I think he was referring to the legacy Chrysler Corporate brands symbolized by the Auburn Hills operation. The ties between the legacy Chrysler Corp and Fiat are far too interwoven to pull apart, IMO. While Fiat as a brand may be on life support in North America, Ram trucks is now becoming a global success since linking up with Fiat Professional. This is also true of the Jeep brand. The smaller Jeeps may not sell as well here, they are the correct products for many markets. The connections to Latin America and Europe with Fiat made this possible.

cygnus

Reaction score
Ram commercial is the only product overlap that exists today. These Jeep EV exports to Europe and China will be a dud, hopefully derailing these stupid product plans.

cygnus

Reaction score

2023-dodge-hornet-gt.jpg

Wait until they hear that next generation Giulia and Stelvio are based on STLA Medium.

AlexB

Reaction score
Can you please stop replying to my posts? I really don’t care about anything you have to say.

Chrysler US operations are completely viable independent of Europe. I don’t care what happened in the past. We really want nothing to do with Europe.
There’s no “we”, you are the equalvant of someone in “Dearborn” yellin for “independence” from the Ford family.
Not going to happen.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
so, what are some the silenced people claiming Independence for the two brands that were saved from death by Fiat? Cuz news flash, there is no way on Gods green earth anyone is selling Jeep and and Graham Trucks... mean RAM trucks. The idea in this world that Dodge and Maxwell I mean Chrysler (who BTW has NEVER been a volume brand aside from some brief years in the 90s) can survive as independent corporation is laughable.

cygnus

Reaction score
90s CDJR was viable, extremely desirable, bought and then gutted by Daimler malfeasance. Things were kicking around in Chapter 11 - things never got to Chapter 7. Let me repeat that; if you walked to GM or Ford and asked them if they wanted JNAP, Sterling Heights, or Toledo for five cents on the dollar - hell yes they would have bought it. Don't give me this - "oh, GM was offered this" - the hell they were, not at auction prices. Chapter 7 would have invalidated the UAW contracts and you would have potentially lost a portion of the workforce, but rewind back to 2009 - what the hell else would those be people doing anyways/what jobs were open? Those plants were, and will always be, VIABLE because of the US PRODUCT that is produced there. Let's list the models -

Ram Commercial, Ram 1500/2500/3500, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, and Durango. You absolutely have a nucleus of a viable new company with those models and the potential for expanded offerings in the future. Hell, that's what bootstrapped the investment for the Giulia platform. Do you think Fiat just had money from free cash flow laying around to invest from Giulia? Oh, they had pre-IPO Ferrari FCF money they funded Giulia with? If Ferrari can IPO and operate as a separate business, then why shouldn't CDJR? Don't give me this platform stuff - we're 12 years into and the savings are minimal, if non-existent. And going BEV is going to somehow change that? Yeah, and I've got a bridge to sell you.

CDJR is more than just US brands - behaviors are linked to the underlying culture, and CDJR is now suffering because of the current European viceroys and their sycophant stooge US executives.

If you don't believe what I'm saying - just watch. We've had one shift cut at a plant - more are coming due to European ineptitude.

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
90s CDJR was viable, extremely desirable, bought and then gutted by Daimler malfeasance. Things were kicking around in Chapter 11 - things never got to Chapter 7. Let me repeat that; if you walked to GM or Ford and asked them if they wanted JNAP, Sterling Heights, or Toledo for five cents on the dollar - hell yes they would have bought it. Don't give me this - "oh, GM was offered this" - the hell they were, not at auction prices. Chapter 7 would have invalidated the UAW contracts and you would have potentially lost a portion of the workforce, but rewind back to 2009 - what the hell else would those be people doing anyways/what jobs were open? Those plants were, and will always be, VIABLE because of the US PRODUCT that is produced there. Let's list the models -

Ram Commercial, Ram 1500/2500/3500, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, and Durango. You absolutely have a nucleus of a viable new company with those models and the potential for expanded offerings in the future. Hell, that's what bootstrapped the investment for the Giulia platform. Do you think Fiat just had money from free cash flow laying around to invest from Giulia? Oh, they had pre-IPO Ferrari FCF money they funded Giulia with? If Ferrari can IPO and operate as a separate business, then why shouldn't CDJR? Don't give me this platform stuff - we're 12 years into and the savings are minimal, if non-existent. And going BEV is going to somehow change that? Yeah, and I've got a bridge to sell you.

CDJR is more than just US brands - behaviors are linked to the underlying culture, and CDJR is now suffering because of the current European viceroys and their sycophant stooge US executives.

If you don't believe what I'm saying - just watch. We've had one shift cut at a plant - more are coming due to European ineptitude.
That’s bunch of crap ,to put it very nicely.
Chrysler under Cerberus came few different times of being “chopped up” and/or liquidated.
By the end of 2008, Chrysler was out of money to continue operations. To keep the company in business through the transition of the U.S. Government between President 43 and President 44, President 43 lend $4 billion bailout via Executive Order to Chrysler. Included was requirement of U.S. Treasury approving Chrysler’s business plan, and prove viability to the Office of U.S. President (either President himself or a designated assignee).

Within the first 3 weeks of the 44th Presidency (of the United States) it was determined Chrysler was not viable, and there would be no more Bailout money for Chrysler Corp/LCC in that version.

As Sergio was playing hardball, GM was offered (by the U.S Government ) to take “skinny Chrysler” which at one point was Jeep + all Chrysler Corp trademarks+ Chrysler Warranties (the rest would shut down and liquidate) .
Government was wiling to split Chrysler Blue collar pensions between the PBOC and “New GM”, while the Salaried Pensions becomes PBOC obligations massive reductions for beneficiaries .
GM rejected that offer leaving Fiat/Sergio/John as the only player at the table.

In of the arguments that GM made against an FCA deal was “Jeep was Niche brand” with “long-term 500,000 Ceiling” “ and too much unique work”.
That’s also why GM knew Dearborn was working on the Bronco ,and yet Mary passed on working on a competing product because GM was skeptical of those types of CUV/SUV’s . So you overrate the value of Jeep to GM.
Finally, labor contracts don’t work like that, in fact the problem was too few workers left over from Daimler & Cerberus.
That’s together with Fiat’s management of the brands is why factory workforce is back to approximately 50,000.
Sterling Heights was original set to close, Fiat change that, and the overhaul to Sterling Heights + Toledo was lead by career Fiat employees who moved to the United States at Sergio’s request.

If any gets split off, it would be Jeep (together with Maserati ) as another “Exor/John Elkann controlled public traded company” (Jeep but independent of Mopar).

cygnus

Reaction score
"Sterling Heights was original set to close, Fiat change that, and the overhaul to Sterling Heights + Toledo was lead by career Fiat employees who moved to the United States at Sergio’s request."

This is so delusional it's absolutely incredible. The whole reply is trash, but that line in particular - totally insane. I'd drop JL/JT/WL/DT Program Manager, Powertrain, Manufacturing, and Packaging names but it's not worth on an internet forum.

By the way, were those same people in charge of Giulia and Stelvio? Stellar job they did with those vehicles - super competitive, really racking up the sales.

But by magic, they came here and totally fixed everything that was wrong with the US vehicle programs? Lol

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
"Sterling Heights was original set to close, Fiat change that, and the overhaul to Sterling Heights + Toledo was lead by career Fiat employees who moved to the United States at Sergio’s request."

This is so delusional it's absolutely incredible. The whole reply is trash, but that line in particular - totally insane. I'd drop JL/JT/WL/DT Program Manager, Powertrain, Manufacturing, and Packaging names but it's not worth on an internet forum.

By the way, were those same people in charge of Giulia and Stelvio? Stellar job they did with those vehicles. /fart noise

Users who are viewing this thread