Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buick to exit the Car Business

TripleT

Reaction score
Even with the Chinese market to support it, Buick can't keep cars viable in North America.

How much longer will the Koreans and Japanese keep it going.

SFCR

Reaction score
Even with the Chinese market to support it, Buick can't keep cars viable in North America.

How much longer will the Koreans and Japanese keep it going.
Who knows these days. The newer generations of drivers prefer other cars offered and it seems that Buick just can't make it any longer. I remember when the 1987 Buick Regal GNX was made. It's a shame, too. I remember that Buick had some good stuff in the 70s as well, like the Buick GSX, which I believe was their last hurrah.

TripleT

Reaction score
there is no real driving advantage to commuter car over a commuter CUV the modern suspension design is well beyond most driver capability or desire to be pushed. Your talking maybe a 7 inch change in the center of gravity from the road.

Sickboy

Reaction score
Does this have to do with platforms their cars are sistered to being dropped? I admit, Buick has no audience with me, and I’ve no clue or care what they offered

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this have to do with platforms their cars are sistered to being dropped? I admit, Buick has no audience with me, and I’ve no clue or care what they offered
Probably. And no Chevy models left to develop next-gen versions from with the Impala gone and the Malibu supposedly on its way out.

I'm guessing with all of this happening, we'll see a 2-row midsize Buick sharing the SWB-wide variation of the C1 platform with the Blazer. I think that car would look like the China is supposed to get a smaller Enclave, but I doubt we'll get that since most Buick dealerships are partnered with GMC and there's already the Acadia to fill this size.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
They have china only models and have a history of continuing dead platforms. So it not out of the question they could source cars from china, what it tells me is that car model is dying in China also.

Users who are viewing this thread