Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brampton Saved! Stellantis announce retooling Brampton

AlexB

Reaction score
Champagne said the final number of jobs will be determined once the plants are retooled. He added Stellantis will put two new electric flex platforms in Windsor and one in Brampton.

The platforms in Windsor are expected to be in addition to keeping Pacifica minivan production. The Pacifica is expected to undergo a revamp to make it a battery electric vehicle. Currently, it is offered as a gas-powered or plug-in hybrid vehicle.”

“The magic number is three today as in three shifts in Windsor and Brampton,” said federal Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry Francois-Philippe Champagne.

Smells like RAM Production

AlexB

Reaction score
@Bili
So Alfa E Segment EV Made in Canada given the trade agreement between E.U & Canada?

AlexB

Reaction score
Windsor: STLA Large (Next Pacifica)STLA Frame (RAM)
Brampton:STLA Large
(Alfa E Segement Crossover, Dodge Midsize CUV, Midsize RAM CUT Truck).

TripleT

Reaction score
Interesting

Where does the Cherokee go... Belvedere Charger, Challenger, and Airflow

cgseller

Reaction score
Interesting

I wonder if Cherokee size vehicle will actually go to Chrysler. Given the Compass has grown in size - the size difference between Compass and GC is so small that N.A. buyers are not going for that size vehicle. Moving it to an EV in that size and slapping different styling on it and removing the trail requirements may allow it to not cannibalize other Jeep models or try to justify the low volume production line.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Windsor: STLA Large (Next Pacifica)STLA Frame (RAM)
Brampton:STLA Large
(Alfa E Segement Crossover, Dodge Midsize CUV, Midsize RAM CUT Truck).

Interesting

So there will be 2 plants for STLA large?
Belvedere having the next Challenger, Charger and Airflow, and Brampton having other STLA Large derivatives?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts...

1651529680688.png

Warren Truck -

STLA Frame - Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer/Ram 1500 BEV (1500 continues at SHAP)

1651529461355.png

Brampton -

STLA Large - Jeep Off-Road SUV/Dodge E-Segment SUV/Alfa Romeo E-Segment SUV

1651529569099.png

Windsor -

STLA Large - Chrysler Minivans/Chrysler Airflow 2-row/Chrysler Airflow 3-row

1651529531707.png

Belvidere -

STLA Large - Ram Dakota/Dodge Charger/Dodge Challenger

1651529639360.png

Toluca -

STLA Medium/Large - Jeep Compass/Jeep Cherokee

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
I wonder if Cherokee size vehicle will actually go to Chrysler. Given the Compass has grown in size - the size difference between Compass and GC is so small that N.A. buyers are not going for that size vehicle. Moving it to an EV in that size and slapping different styling on it and removing the trail requirements may allow it to not cannibalize other Jeep models or try to justify the low volume production line.
They aren’t going to take a hit to put Chrysler on it, there is a lot of Room between Compass and GC, focusing on Off Road and more aggressive styling will garner the better margins

AlexB

Reaction score
My thoughts...

View attachment 6824

Warren Truck -

STLA Frame - Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer/Ram 1500 BEV (1500 continues at SHAP)

View attachment 6820

Brampton -

STLA Large - Jeep Off-Road SUV/Dodge E-Segment SUV/Alfa Romeo E-Segment SUV

View attachment 6822

Windsor -

STLA Large - Chrysler Minivans/Chrysler Airflow 2-row/Chrysler Airflow 3-row

View attachment 6821

Belvidere -

STLA Large - Ram Dakota/Dodge Charger/Dodge Challenger

View attachment 6823

Toluca -

STLA Medium/Large - Jeep Compass/Jeep Cherokee
The only caveat that I will give Is apparently for Windsor, Stellantis promised the Canadian Government 2 “electric flex” platforms which at least to me screams RAM EV production unless there been “u-turn” regarding stuff like STLA Medium/Small in North America .

Last edited by a moderator:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 6825
The only caveat that I will give Is apparently for Windsor, Stellantis promised the Canadian Government 2 “electric flex” platforms which at least to me screams RAM EV production unless there been “u-turn” regarding stuff like STLA Medium/Small in North America .

Why do a body-on-frame vehicle at a unibody plant? Ram 1500 Classic production ends at Warren next year. It makes sense to build the Ram 1500 BEV there as it will share several components with the Wagoneer. Wagoneer will share a similar setup with a BEV version according to my sources. Sterling Heights is already struggling with capacity for Ram 1500.

AlexB

Reaction score
View attachment 6825

Why do a body-on-frame vehicle at a unibody plant? Ram 1500 Classic production ends at Warren next year. It makes sense to build the Ram 1500 BEV there as it will share several components with the Wagoneer. Wagoneer will share a similar setup with a BEV version according to my sources. Sterling Heights is already struggling with capacity for Ram 1500.
If Stellantis goal is F-Serie, then the Company need 3 plants, and Windsor is flexible( I could be wrong, please correct if I’m) + bunch excess capacity.
Also the Canadian Battery Plant and 1500 BEV share the same timetable.

Canada’s politicians came through with Tax incentives in way the Americans haven’t which helps!

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
If Stellantis goal is F-Serie, then the Company need 3 plants, and Windsor is flexible( I could be wrong, please correct if I’m) + bunch excess capacity.

Canada’s politicians came through with Tax incentives in way the Americans haven’t which helps!

You don't mix BOF with unibody. It's one or another, not both.

Rustydodge

Reaction score

Not if F-series continuous to drop, like they have been. But if warren does the Ram BEV = 3 plants

Is SHAP running 3 full shifts? How about Saltillo for the HD and reg cab classics?

AlexB

Reaction score
Not if F-series continuous to drop, like they have been. But if warren does the Ram BEV = 3 plants

Is SHAP running 3 full shifts? How about Saltillo for the HD and reg cab classics?
Remember Ford is adding a F-Series Plant. Stellantis quite frankly have better supply management than Ford.
3 1500 plants Isn’t insane.
Yes SHAP is running 3 Full Shifts.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

SHAP transitioned from a 3-2-120 operating pattern to a traditional three-shift operation in January 2021.

Saltillo will continue to build the Ram 1500 Classic (4th Gen) and Ram Heavy Duty (4th Gen) until 2028. Ram 1500 Classic will disappear from U.S. and Canada after 2023. However countries like Brazil will be getting it, later this year for the first time. Heavy Duty trucks receive a minor update for 2023.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I had read a rumor that possibly classic was staying around 1 year after STLA frame comes along, which my assumption was 2024 warren becomes "STLA frame" for BEV option (which is relatively minor updates to current wagoneer frame per the images provided of the BEV frame compared to wagoneer frame) so then 2025 classic is dropped. This would align roughly with MCA for ram 1500. Makes sense it stays in saltillo for other regions. Stopping classic 2023 is more logical and what i had been assuming until reading that rumor, but didn't know if recent events have changed that.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Side note - any reason why its crickets so far on moparinsiders, allpar, and stellpower regarding cummins recent (Feb 14th) announcement of 6.7 gas motor coming about 2024? Some other outlets already connecting dots it will be coming to Ram HD. Article coming by chance @redriderbob ?

Last edited:

Mopar392

Reaction score
I’d like to see where they will build the classic Challenger and Charger beyond 2023, since Brampton will be down in 2024 for retooling, and Belvidere is being retooled for the new STLA Large that will underpin the next Challenger and Charger.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I’d like to see where they will build the classic Challenger and Charger beyond 2023, since Brampton will be down in 2024 for retooling, and Belvidere is being retooled for the new STLA Large that will underpin the next Challenger and Charger.

According to Kuniskis himself, they will run the current cars alongside the production run of the new cars. I think it will be just an extended run of the 2023 models.

TripleT

Reaction score
According to Kuniskis himself, they will run the current cars alongside the production run of the new cars. I think it will be just an extended run of the 2023 models.
Lot of rumor that the Charger and Challenger will move Belvedere. Did he say the NEW cars or along new cars?

Users who are viewing this thread