Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Things Coming For Jeep As Part Of FCA’s 5-Year Plan:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Big Things Coming For Jeep As Part Of FCA’s 5-Year Plan:
Jeep 5-Year Plan Comes Into Focus...

Cherokee-Deserthawk-780x405.jpg

FCA is rolling out their 5-year plan today and first up is Jeep. It is apparent from the slides that there is a lot of product coming Jeeps way over the next 5 years, there are a lot of talking points here so lets get right into it.

More Models
Jeep 5 year presentation (FCA Photo)

Between now and the end of 2022 Jeep will be unveiling 4 redesigned vehicles being a new Renegade, Refreshed Compass, New Cherokee and the all-new Grand Cherokee. On top of that Jeep will be entering 3 new marked segments with an urban utility vehicle slotting below Renegade, a three-row CUV, the Jeep Truck, mid-sized three-row SUV and the full-sized Ram 1500 based Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer.

Electrification

By 2021, Jeep will offer a Plug-In Hybrid and/or a fully electric version of every vehicle they sell. This of course will help with strengthening European emissions laws and rising gas prices, while creating a greener image for the brand. Our friends at Real Fast Fotography have recently caught an electrified Renegaderunning around the streets of Detroit.

New Deserthawk Trim

Joining the Trailhawk and Trackhawk trims for 2020 will be a new Deserthawk trim. While the Trailhawks are designed for low speed go anywhere trail crawling and the Trackhawk is for all out street performance, expect the Deserthawk models to be all out sand dune running machines. While 8% of Jeeps sold are Trailhawk models, they average a transaction price of $4,700 over a standard non Trailhawk model. Jeep expects a 10% take rate on the Deserthawk with an average transaction price of $5-$10k over other trims. The specialty Grand Cherokee Trackhawk sells in a 2.5% mix with an average transaction price of $55k over non Trackhawk models.

devildodge

Reaction score
This is great news. You can really tell FCA is listening to social media and forums and such.

Unfortunately, I don't read much about other brands...but they do these kind of things...

Go into a Jeep dealer...I like the Cherokee...oh wow...Trailhawk for offroad slow...Deserthawk...offroad fast...trackhawk...on road fast...and the urbanhawk(I am thinking this will be awd,hybrid,plush) well now I got some more decisions to make. Thanks jeep for offering what I need, my friend needs, my mom needs and any of the posers I see daily need.

You can have your cake and eat it too.

Now, about that money tree

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
@redriderbob

Is there a 3 row Jeep Compass for some markets? That's something I was cheering for.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just noticed there's something going on with the hood on it...are those vents?!?!
Oh, higher horsepower version of the 2.0L maybe? It will have a $5-$10k higher price than other trims, so that could be a reason for the increase. Exciting!

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be unrealistic to think that they might offer Overland interior amenities on this to justify the higher price.

It also just occurred to me that the urban/street/other- hawk variant would probably directly replace the Altitude trim level and wouldn't require much development at all.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Hey @UN4GTBL time to sell that Trailhawk...

View attachment 233

Cherokee Deserthawk

I saw that! I really like it too.

Looks like red painted hooks, instead of the powder coated/rubberized coating on the current TH hooks.

Can't tell what the front approach angle is like, but it won't be available for another 2 years or so?

I'll definitely keep my eye on these.

That's not to say I don't still love my TH.

It wouldn't be unrealistic to think that they might offer Overland interior amenities on this to justify the higher price.

It also just occurred to me that the urban/street/other- hawk variant would probably directly replace the Altitude trim level and wouldn't require much development at all.

*cough* heated rear seats *cough*

dreinecke

Reaction score
I'd be interested in the suspension setup on the DesertHawk - the photo appears that it has at least a 2" lift plus massive tires. Curious on the articulation from that.

Users who are viewing this thread