Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best New Ram Offroad Truck?

Favorite Current New Ram Offroad Truck?

• 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon

• 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel

Results are only viewable after voting.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
What is your favorite new Ram offroad truck?

• 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
  • 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel
RebelPowerWagon.jpg

Pick your poison and why!

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rebel. Though they are both huge, the Power Wagon is too large to maneuver on any kind of off-road trails that I'd want to go on. And I like the Rebel's new design and interior better.

devildodge

Reaction score
Powerwagon. Although Rebel is the exact same minus a few things in the 1500.

A tie really, depends on your needs.

I want one of each. Maybe a used powerwagon and a new Rebel. The 2019 Rebel is so much better than the previous though.

But really, I like the Tradesman with Powerwagon package the best. :p

devildodge

Reaction score
Where I enjoy the occasional offroad romp, the Powerwagon's arsenal shines. The winch, front and rear lockers and the sway bar really helps get over the trees and through the muck.

The Rebel would definitely be the best daily driver of the two.

Can not wait til we comparethe redesigned Powerwagon with the new Rebel.

And of course, we got that other offroader coming.

Blown7

Reaction score
You need to define "Offroad"
Because everything now is mission driven (expedition, Go fast Baja trophy truck style, rockcrawling.

Every vehicle line has "Mission Specific" vehicles.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to define "Offroad"
Because everything now is mission driven (expedition, Go fast Baja trophy truck style, rockcrawling.

Every vehicle line has "Mission Specific" vehicles.

Offroad based... could be Rebel which is your sporty truck to play in the sand or on the trails. Or your rock crawling brawler Power Wagon. I know each one is different, thats why I didn't state for which task. Just curious to see who likes the more hardcore rock crawler vs the trail sport truck.

Blown7

Reaction score
Offroad based... could be Rebel which is your sporty truck to play in the sand or on the trails. Or your rock crawling brawler Power Wagon. I know each one is different, thats why I didn't state for which task. Just curious to see who likes the more hardcore rock crawler vs the trail sport truck.

Well then my racing side always wins in the go fast segment. If Ram would produce something to compete against a Ford Raptor... thats my choice. Even in the rockcrawling world.... "go fast" is the new standard.

Witness King of the Hammers one of the fastest growing events in the world.

A vehicle that can compete there will take home all the awards. I have been part of that since it's inception and it just grows bigger every year... even bigger than Trophy Trucks...

The newest "Prerunner" based vehicle will be a hit from Dodge.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Well then my racing side always wins in the go fast segment. If Ram would produce something to compete against a Ford Raptor... thats my choice. Even in the rockcrawling world.... "go fast" is the new standard.

Witness King of the Hammers one of the fastest growing events in the world.

A vehicle that can compete there will take home all the awards. I have been part of that since it's inception and it just grows bigger every year... even bigger than Trophy Trucks...

The newest "Prerunner" based vehicle will be a hit from Dodge.

Used to be able to get a true Rebel pre-runner with a 4x2 version on the DS model. But it sold poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread