Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BAD KITTY: 2023 Dodge Durango SRT HELLCAT Will Start At Over $90,000!

BAD KITTY: 2023 Dodge Durango SRT HELLCAT Will Start At Over $90,000!​

Dealer Order Guide Gives Us Some New Details About The 2023 Durango...​

1666648715381.png

On Friday, we learned that Dodge had sent its dealers an updated order guide for the 2023 Dodge Durango (WD) lineup. The guide went over all of the new changes for the 2023 model year (most of which we will cover later this week), but most importantly discussed a few details about the 2023 Dodge Durango SRT HELLCAT.

PensFan2012

Reaction score
Any updates on this? Have had a few dealers saying they can now order hellcat durangos for 2023 but only in white, black, octane, and destroyer. Other colors a later release or possibly cancelled?

italyfire

Reaction score
I was at my dealership today, can only order the DDHC plus or premium trims, unknown when we will be able to order the “stock, 2XV” trim. The colors you listed were the only ones available now all the others are listed as late availability. I was told it’s a sales tactic, can further explain later what I was told. Also, the power sunroof is standard equipment in the plus and premium trims, with no option to delete it, I personally don’t like the sunroof. And for what’s it’s worth, in the plus and premium trims you have no option for the “lightweight package” which includes the rear set delete as in the DDSRT. I missed the DDHCT ordering in 21 and now with the increased costs and with some standard options that I’m not that thrilled about I’m not sure which way to go, plus? premium? or wait for the “stock” trim to be published. But, wait too long and they might be gone again. Be prepared for a significant dealership markup!! Sorry for babbling on.

PensFan2012

Reaction score
I was at my dealership today, can only order the DDHC plus or premium trims, unknown when we will be able to order the “stock, 2XV” trim. The colors you listed were the only ones available now all the others are listed as late availability. I was told it’s a sales tactic, can further explain later what I was told. Also, the power sunroof is standard equipment in the plus and premium trims, with no option to delete it, I personally don’t like the sunroof. And for what’s it’s worth, in the plus and premium trims you have no option for the “lightweight package” which includes the rear set delete as in the DDSRT. I missed the DDHCT ordering in 21 and now with the increased costs and with some standard options that I’m not that thrilled about I’m not sure which way to go, plus? premium? or wait for the “stock” trim to be published. But, wait too long and they might be gone again. Be prepared for a significant dealership markup!! Sorry for babbling on.
Could you please explain the sales tactic details? I have some dealers saying allocations will be required to order and production will be limited to 1000-1600. These dealers claim they have 1 or 2 allocations for the year. Other dealers are claiming they can order without an official allocation and have the ability to order as many as they want until Dodge reaches their internal goals.

italyfire

Reaction score
The numbers you quoted is pretty close to what I have heard 2000 units. I have discussed with 6 dealerships and they all agree that they need an allocation to order. They can’t just type in the computer and order out of the blue. Talked to friends in two other states and that story seems to hold true and I’ve been talking with GM’s and Fleet Directors at the dealerships. In my opinion they all seem somewhat frustrated with this process, they can have a customer wanting a specific vehicle, you can’t get an allocation, you hear nothing for months, then the vehicle arrives out of nowhere, at a different dealership, go figure.

Regarding the color availability, I would have thought that you’d make available the new color palette with all colors ready to go but no, sell the good old proven colors with the more expensive trim lines first. Then release the new colors across the whole model line with the hopes of attracting more sales across the product line $$$.

I’m not loosing anymore sleep, I have found a dealership that has the allocation(s) and I’m ordering! I’m not going to miss out as I did in 21. Bottom line, what Dodge does with these high demand vehicles is Dodges own mystery and a lot of people and dealership’s are left scratching their heads. Hopefully I was able to shed some light on this issue from my perspective.

Signman216

Reaction score
New to this, seems like allot of different opinions. last year was diagnosed with terminal cancer, decided I wanted to drive something besides 2500 ram truck went to see my dealer. Last Saturday 11/12/22 Placed order for full option Durango Hell Cat. Today 11/19/2022 I got call from dealer and e mail from dodge that my new ride was on order got VN#. My understanding is Dodge is not taking any more orders for Durango with my package, my dealer which is well known power broker got 1

italyfire

Reaction score
Interesting, and good information. I placed my order today for the DDHC premium package 2XY. Your full option must be exactly what I ordered today. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days. Theoretically, I should be receiving my VIN in about a week. What State are you in? I’m in Southern California, and I don’t know if the dealership is a power broker, I guess I could look it up. I’ll keep you posted on whether my order goes through. Thank you for posting.

italyfire

Reaction score
Also, did you get an approximate ship date yet. I’m hearing 6-8 month build time! That was from a power broker here, but my dealership said 3 months. It’s hard to get one accurate answer.

Users who are viewing this thread