Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AutoExtremist has leased Alfa Stelvio

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not something new. But he is a very satisfied with his Stelvio.

http://www.autoextremist.com/on-the-table1/

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Update. Editor-in-Chief's Note:
The miles have been coming a little slowly on the Stelvio at just over 6,000 at this point, but the characteristics that are so pleasing about the car remain strong. Not to beat this to death, but the way the Stelvio drives and the way it feels remain the main attraction for me. Having spent a fair amount of time in a second-generation standard Porsche Cayenne a while back, which was ponderous, sluggish and underpowered, the Stelvio is lively and light on its feet to the point that you feel like you're driving a sport sedan with a little extra ground clearance, which is exactly what it is. The fact that it's based on the Giulia architecture means that the Stelvio is a star on the road, and I just can't stress that enough. Another strength is the Stelvio's exterior and interior design. I still get unsolicited comments from people at gas station stops for instance, and they're all positive about the look of it. And I concur, because the Alfa designers got it right. Plus the interior is simple and tasteful in its design, and the harman kardon audio system is terrific, with excellent overall sound quality. My biggest criticism of the vehicle remains the cheap feel of the shifter. I've gotten used to it by now, but that's something that the True Believers at Alfa Romeo need to address first and foremost. Add to all of this the fact that the Stelvio shares similar positive attributes with the Crossover/SUV genre, meaning that is is easy to get in and out of and offers utility and versatility for the day-to-day of life, and you have a winning combination. Problems? I have had two recalls on the Stelvio, both involving re-flashes of the computer that each took less than one hour, start to finish. And I must say that my local dealer - Golling Alfa Romeo - performed these adjustments efficiently and professionally. So, here we are. After seven months I can say that the Alfa Romeo Stelvio was worth taking a chance on, and I am still very pleased with it. -PMD

Users who are viewing this thread