Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the factories slow ?

vipergg

Reaction score
I ask because I ordered a 2020 Durango and from the time I ordered until it came in was a mere 3 weeks which I found to be amazing . I figured and was told it would be at least 6-8 weeks . Im happy though and looking forward to picking it up in a couple days .

GasAxe

Reaction score
Generally speaking, production facilities don’t slow down or speed up, they just run more or less hours. To “slow” production, shifts are removed. The line is timed to stay efficient during operation but I’m sure there is some leeway in the process.

My guess is the options you ordered were either pretty common, your order fell into a readily available gap, or you just got lucky that your specific model was already queued up to be built. Congrats on your order!

workedhardtoolong

Reaction score
Best of luck with your new Durango. Does anyone know the backlog of orders at Brampton for Challengers and Chargers? When do they switch over to 2020 MY?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
It just depends on how many orders are placed, availability of parts, as well as logistics... ask @Jared B his Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 sat for a month after being built in Windsor at the upfitter waiting for tires and then waiting to be shipped due to logistics because it was sent to the dealer a unique way... which can watch in the video below...

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Best of luck with your new Durango. Does anyone know the backlog of orders at Brampton for Challengers and Chargers? When do they switch over to 2020 MY?

If you read the post on the front of our site today, tomorrow is the cut off for 2019 owners for Challenger, Charger and Durango. Challenger and Charger will be built out throughout the rest of 2019 as 2019s and will go to 2020 in January.

Dodge Power Dollars Pushes Brand Past Goal Two Months Early: - Mopar Insiders

workedhardtoolong

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread