Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All new Fiat Strada (LATAM market)

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
FCA/Fiat has announced all new Fiat Strada for LATAM market. This new is more upmarket the the old model. They will try to shift number of non commercial customers from just 5% to around 30%

New is the front end logo. It will be used on all new or updated Fiat models worldwide except for 500 family which will spot 500 instead of Fiat at the front end.
There is also throwback detail to one old Fiat logo with motive of Italian flag.

Platform is called MPP which stands for Modular Platform Pick-up. For comparison Fiat Argo is using MP1 while Cronos is using MPS. So they are related.

Engines are 1.4 8V FIRE and 1.3 8V FireFly. Old mode had 1.8 16V engine but FCA is trying to offer smaller new engine with much broader torque curve and with much less weight (-80 kg, almost 180 lbs) which should result in a much better fuel economy.

Comparison vs. the old one (double cab versions):
  • About 80 kg less than the old model despite being more equipped and having 4 doors
  • Very similar dimensions
  • Spare wheel under the platform + new body = it has gone from 680 liters to 844 liters, maintaining the 650 kg load capacity
  • Very fast infotainment with wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay
  • Much improved ergonomics
  • Much improved road holding, lighter (direct electric) steering which is centralized and much less inclined upwards.
  • It now has 4 Airbags, ESP and a button that activates a more advanced traction control that simulates blocking differential
  • Ground clearance 232mm with 15" wheels.
  • Full Led headlights as standard on the Volcano

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 5.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 6.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 7.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 8.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 9.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 10.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surpise with Carlos attempts a "Baby Gladiator" that would basically be Jeep Strada.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
This can not be AWD. I can't see it happening.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
This is an essential product for FCA in Brasil. I can see profit in LATAM shooting up after this is introduced.
The Strada is a market leader in Brasil and this improves it in so many different ways. The LATAM Fiat line-up is stronger than it's ever been.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
@Deckard Cain

Od course it will but also with upcoming B segment FIAT crossover, C segment FIAT SUV Coupé and D segment 3 row Jeep SUV.

The goal is to rise ATP and reach 10% profit margin.

TripleT

Reaction score
AWD and Add 2.0T and you have a RAM RAMPAGE.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Esystem should.

2.0 still can't. And I doubt that such a small car which is something like 1.7 meters narrow had AWD in mind or IRS at the back. Not to mention that Brazilian market is so far away from PHEV implementation.

TripleT

Reaction score
Here I am trying to bring back the Rampage with hot NA version and you keep coming up with reason why they can't. Engineers like a challenge. If they can put AWD in a Pacifica with stow and go. They can shoehorn a 2.OT and power the rear wheels. I have faith .... all for maybe 5000 sales :D

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I know you would love to see some cool new NA products. But the Strada isn't it, trust me.
This is fully a developing country product. It won't make it to first world markets.

MJAB

Reaction score
Many customers in Italy are willing to have back the Fiat Strada. It is very useful for small business (construction, home renovation, ...), small farmers or people that make DIY farming. Used ones have a relatively high price.
A 1.3 diesel 2010 - 2011 are sold about Euro 8k - 9k, the 2014 ones about 10k, with the "Adventure" trim level about 11k - 12k.
The people that owns one doesn't sell it, it is easier to find a used Jeep Wrangler on sale in Italy, and the unit sold in Italy are few each year, than a Strada of the same period.

As for engines, I think that there is enough room also for the GME 2.0 Turbo, previous generation had space for 1.8 E-Torq 16V.
Turbo is not a problem since is face forward.

Some of people purchased it would like to have real front locker as in previous generation. It was a mechanical locker by Eaton electromagnetically actuated.

MJAB

Reaction score
Actually waiting list for new Fiat Strada is relatively long, about 70 - 90 days.
I can suppose that very likely Ram 700 will have some delays in commercialization in some South - Central America markets.

Users who are viewing this thread