Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfa Romeo reconfirms an E model for '27, predicts max horsepower for BEVs

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score

- E-segment Alfa shows up in 2027
- Might not be a crossover as they intend to focus on aerodynamics
- Giulia and Stelvio BEVs probably show up first, one of which in 2025 as the first dedicated Alfa BEV
- Horsepower for most models to max out anywhere between 350 and 800
- Quadrifoglio models...around 1,000 HP

cygnus

Reaction score
Alfa will go the way of Fiat (in the US) by 2030. No one in the US is going to buy an Alfa EV.

If STLA had a brain (which Tavares increasingly demonstrates he does not), they would take the Alfa and make Chryslers out of with it different bumpers, headlights, and interior/IP.

But that takes time and money, so instead of localizing it as a Chrysler, this will just flop.

Chrysler also needs to leverage a “Imperial” halo trim for all their models. Wool accents, real wood inlets for interior door trim, etc.

But this generation honestly doesn’t get it or they’ve bent the knee to the idiots.

Last edited:

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Or they're doing this with a primary focus on the european market and you'll get your Chrysler anyway in the US.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Alfa will go the way of Fiat (in the US) by 2030. No one in the US is going to buy an Alfa EV.

If STLA had a brain (which Tavares increasingly demonstrates he does not), they would take the Alfa and make Chryslers out of with it different bumpers, headlights, and interior/IP.

But that takes time and money, so instead of localizing it as a Chrysler, this will just flop.

Whether or not a BEV only line up helps Alfa Romeos case as a US market player remains to be seen for sure, but you're asking them to just do some of the most shameless acts of cost cutting instead of building up a new Chrysler from the ground up that the brand can actually be more confident to call it's own.
Also, building a new model from the ground up probably takes more time and money than just slapping a Charger grille onto a Tonale. Maybe more financially risky for one of the two parties if anything. Look what happened to Lancia.

cygnus

Reaction score
Or they're doing this with a primary focus on the european market and you'll get your Chrysler anyway in the US.

Lol, I’m sure the US dealers that bought into Fiat/Alfa franchises will love to hear that (Alfa leaving US market)

Then again there is nearly 100% overlap between that group and dealers that also own Jeep, so they’ve made a killing either way / are still actively minting money ripping people off, I don’t think that group will be in a soup line anytime soon

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
It is more than obvious that the primary focus of Alfa is on Europe models. Otherwise, the Tonale wouldn't have been launched before an E-SUV.

Isn't the Airflow supposed to be a STLA Large vehicle? It looked really cool.

TripleT

Reaction score
Dodge Charger with Alfa Coachwork. It is the new Management Way.

cygnus

Reaction score
The next E SUV for Alfa in 2027 will also probably be used for the Electric Grand Cherokee - it's one size segment larger than the D Class SUV in the Wagoneer S EV that they've shared. I expect the electric Grand Cherokee to be unique/different than the existing Grand Cherokee, similar to how the Jeep Recon differs significantly than the Jeep Wrangler.

cygnus

Reaction score
Oh, I'm hearing the Wagoneer S is being redone completely and that the original renderings on the reveal day have been scrapped. They want to make sure it's eligible for the $80K upper ceiling EV tax credit limits, which stipulates the vehicle is more SUV/truck like than a traditional crossover (similar to how the Ford Mustang Mach E is not considered an SUV and is subject to the $55K EV tax credit ceiling limit).

I'm hearing the full size Wagoneer EV may be shelved.

Everything is behind/late/delayed by a year. Calendar 2025 for any of this stuff at the earliest, including the Ram EV. All EVs that Stellantis is building are being targeted for the SUV/Truck $80K ceiling limit. They don't care about the $55K ceiling for EVs, they won't have an EV or PHEV in the US for under $55K.

Last edited:

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
So basically just the crossover stuff.
No way in hell they'd allow the Charger BEV to have a base price above $50k (probably not $35k or lower neither but you get the gist.)
Just sounds like the 500e and the Charger are all they'll give us for 2024.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Everything is behind/late/delayed by a year. Calendar 2025 for any of this stuff at the earliest, including the Ram EV. All EVs that Stellantis is building are being targeted for the SUV/Truck $80K ceiling limit. They don't care about the $55K ceiling for EVs, they won't have an EV or PHEV in the US for under $55K.
I think that the time of cheap decontented cars from Chrysler/Dodge won't ever return.

cygnus

Reaction score
So basically just the crossover stuff.
No way in hell they'd allow the Charger BEV to have a base price above $50k (probably not $35k or lower neither but you get the gist.)
Just sounds like the 500e and the Charger are all they'll give us for 2024.

You bring up a good point and I think I've just solved Dodge's EV riddle. They'll offer the lower trim for just under $55K ($54K), making it eligible for the EV incentive. Post-sale, you can pay more to software unlock more HP.

The higher trims will have the higher HP - but those higher trims will be above the $55K price ceiling, and thus ineligible for the EV tax credit.

The pricing will optimize to get the intro level trim to as close as they can to $55K, and then unlock more HP post sale with additional payment.

Slick, actually.

Last edited:

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
You bring up a good point and I think I've just solved Dodge's EV riddle. They'll offer the lower trim for just under $55K ($54K), making it eligible for the EV incentive. Post-sale, you can pay more to software unlock more HP.

The higher trims will have the higher HP - but there will be an overlap between the lower trims with software unlocked HP, and those higher trims. There's a curve basically that allows the lowest trim to unlock more HP, post sale, and get the base price a hair under the EV Tax Credit limit of $55K.

The pricing will optimize to get the intro level trim to as close as they can to $55K, and then unlock more HP post sale with additional payment.

Slick, actually.
I'll believe it when the price on the site for this car says $54,550 or something.

The unfortunate thing is that these rumors don't sound entirely unbelievable. Not being bothered to get Chrysler back in order because it isn't really profitable and some of the unfortunate Jeep stuff. This Dodge thing is honestly a little less believable but we'll probably start having pieces to put together by the tail end of this year (I assume the new Charger gets production unveiled at LA or possibly Detroit. Otherwise it'll probably be NY or another Dodge event next year.)

These people can't possibly think they're able to be an American Porsche/Lotus or something, especially after getting a car like the Hornet out.

TripleT

Reaction score
It is all going to depend on the powertrain... expect mid-30 to 70

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
It is all going to depend on the powertrain... expect mid-30 to 70
Here's my prediction.

- 340 starts between $38k-$45k
- 440 between $50k-$65k
- Banshee somewhere in the $70 or $80k range, probably around $90k after installing the absolute best horsepower you can get out of it

Small note but kinda hoping they use trim names similar to the current stuff for the lesser models. Perfect application to use the GT and R/T badging for the respective base power levels.

cygnus

Reaction score
We’re talking Dodge BEVs, right? There’s no way they sell the Dodge Charger/Challenger BEV, even at the lowest trim, for less than $50K

Last edited:

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
I think that the time of cheap decontented cars from Chrysler/Dodge won't ever return.
Yes but define decontented. A Tesla has a fake piece of wood for a dash and an iPad stuck to it. Pretty far cry from an Audi (supposed best) interior.

Cheap "feeling" has been over for a decade (daimler tupperware era)

They would totally be building cheap junk but they cant get away with it anymore

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread