Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Dodge Challenger Convertible In The Works? Not Just Yet!

GasAxe

Reaction score
No surprise on the timing but glad to hear the convertible is still in the plan. A Hellcat powered muscle car/GT convertible would be the cats ***! Would Dodge go all out and use a folding hardtop or go with a more conventional soft top?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
No surprise on the timing but glad to hear the convertible is still in the plan. A Hellcat powered muscle car/GT convertible would be the cats ***! Would Dodge go all out and use a folding hardtop or go with a more conventional soft top?

That's doubtful.

Mopar392

Reaction score
If we just can get more information on the engines options

MoparJoe

Reaction score
I'm hearing all kinds of things I guess their way of hiding the truth is by throwing out a lot of crap

MoparJoe

Reaction score
But I do believe both cars can't come out the same year all new I'm thinking the charger will come first followed by the Challenger

MoparJoe

Reaction score
Maybe an early build for the charger say January 1st and then the Challenger will come on line 6 months later

DodgeFL

Reaction score
I think you may be on to something ? Something fishy is going on with the 2020 MY builds ?

Consider how GM and FORD kept us guessing with their new super cars. They had their fans drooling in anticipation
over the C-8 and Mustang GT500 for YEARS. Not to mention all the hype from "experts" , LOL.

Maybe an early build for the charger say January 1st and then the Challenger will come on line 6 months later

MoparJoe

Reaction score
There will continue to be a market for the charger and a challenger they will not be dropped

DodgeFL

Reaction score
One would think that tid bits would be released to create a buzz in the media and among potential buyers if something was in the wings ? But just dropping a revised or new vehicle into the market without any " leaked " press doesn't make for a good business case ? But if the present vehicles are selling well, whats the point ?
With GM rumored to be canceling the Camaro will there will be room for another vehicle to fill the gap ?

Users who are viewing this thread