Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

426 HEMI

Mopar392

Reaction score
Been told 426HEMI will be in the 50th anniversary Challenger.

Then been told the 50th anniversary model won’t be more than a sticker-wheel-color package, and the 426 will first debut in the Ram TR or Grand Cherokee WK3 or the next Challenger SRT/Scat Pack.

So what is it?
It might good to know so I’d know my financial options..

HotCarNut

Reaction score
And please be aware, it seems like there are two distinct 426 HEMIs that have been developed. The first is the Hellephant engine (aluminum block 1000hp) and the second is based on the existing 6.4L HEMI (iron block, naturally-aspirated, 5xx hp).

Muther

Reaction score
I have it as follows:

This what I have read here, and from some folks I know.

It will supposedly appear in a Ram first. I am unclear if that is the dedicated truck version, or a performance version. I personally think it will be a truck specific version.

Though I have not heard power figures, I expect it it to be commensurately more powerful than the current truck 6.4 engine.

I expect the performance version to debut in the next gen Chally. I expect it to be normally aspirated (NA), and I expect it to be cgi, not aluminum or straight up cast iron.

I have heard some pretty wild power predictions. I am thinking that is just the development team trying to reach the furthest extent of the engine’s capabilities. I don’t think that those are production numbers. I expect it to be no less than the most powerful NA engine coming out of the big three. I am very confident that this engine will top any NA production engine offered by Chevy or Ford.

For the 5.7? Bye, bye is what I heard. No details other than I was told not to bemoan it’s loss...

Last edited:

Mopar392

Reaction score
So the earliest we can expect to see it, is in MY21 RAM or Challenger/Charger.

I’d be happy with a power and torque more than 550hp and foot.pound.

Muther

Reaction score
So the earliest we can expect to see it, is in MY21 RAM or Challenger/Charger.

I’d be happy with a power and torque more than 550hp and foot.pound.
From what I have heard, you’re pretty safe a far as power goes.

When will we see it? Who knows.

Personally, I am expecting an original hellcat level surprise sometime after the next gen Char-llenger’s debut.

MoparJoe

Reaction score
you couldn't loose with either pick !
and choices are a good thing !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread