Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Dodge Hornet GT AWD / GT Plus AWD Pricing & Options List!

2023 Dodge Hornet GT AWD / GT Plus AWD Pricing & Options List!​

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The All-New 2023 Dodge Hornet GT...​

1660938748095.png

It was born to be the gateway into the “Brotherhood of Muscle“. It was designed to disrupt the segment. Meet the all-new 2023 Dodge Hornet, the brand’s first-ever performance C-UV.

With Dodge announcing that it had taken over 14,000 orders the newest and smallest Dodge in less than 12 hours on Wednesday, our e-mail has been flooded with questions regarding options and pricing since nothing can be found online.

TripleT

Reaction score
Here what I am wonder.... How much heavier is the Hornet then the Stelvio given it second slower with essentially the same engine, 0-60

This a shame as the Tonale was originally going to be Phase 2 lightening which would have been lighter in application then the Stelvio. Seems for sure that was abandoned by French leadership for cost cutting.

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
That has no Dodge resemblance or performance. Slower than a RAV4? Give me a break……next!

TripleT

Reaction score
Which RAV4 are you talking about because only the PHEV is as quick and the Hornet PHEV will be also.

What I don't understand is why it is smaller than a Stelvio with basically the same engine but is full second slower. Seems the French must have removed all the trick light parts the Tonale was supposed to originally have. Regardless it is quickest ICE in the class I can find. Add PHEV it will be nearly as quick as Stelvio.

Last edited:

pumadog

Reaction score
Why? FWD base, slower transmission?

But I don't believe the Tonale was supposed to be lighter or faster und Manley/Kuniskis. It would rather have the same plugin powertrain with 240 PS as the Jeeps on Small Wide.

TripleT

Reaction score
When the contract was given to supplier the Tonale was Level 2 lightening versus Level 1 for the Stelvio. More metal replacement than the Stelvio which is extensive. Whether those were targeted to the Hornet I don't know, but for sure at Implementation the Tonale was to be lighter than the Stelvio.

Full Second slower just to transmission is crazy, better get to programing on that.

Users who are viewing this thread