Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Classic Options

patfromigh

Reaction score
Ram Trucks finally posted the build and price for the 2021 Ram 1500 Classic models. However there are two packages which don't show up in the B&P, the Warlock All-Terrain Package and the Tradesman® Off-Road Package. I've driven enough 5th generation Rams to have a strong desire for those, but the Rebel trim level is out of my price range. The price difference between the Warlock trim Classic and the 5-gen Rebel seems to be narrower for 2021. I'm looking at V6 Quad Cab models here, I don't need a lot of options. So, I'm in the "I'll settle for the previous generation because it's all I can afford" demographic.

Now however, there seems to be another alternative, the Tradesman® Off-Road Package. Other than what the Ram Trucks website states under exterior options, i know very little about either the Tradesman off-road or the Warlock all-terrain packages. I also have seen the articles both here and on 5thgenrams website about the Warlock All-terrain package, but I haven't seen any mention of the Tradesman® Off-Road Package.

Here are some things I would like to know.
How much do these option packages cost?
What other options would I need to duplicate the previous generation Rebel package when ordering a 2021 Warlock?
Is the off-road package for the Tradesman available on the regular cab short box? (If so, then it would come close to recreating the 1977-81 Macho package. The two-tone colors and wheels would, of course, be different.)
Are there mandatory options with the Tradesman® Off-Road Package ?

The Stellantis Media website has no information on the 2021 Ram 1500 Classics, I've check there as well. Except for the TRX, there are no 2021 Ram brochures posted on the Ram Trucks website either.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
For the Off-Road Package on the Tradesman, you have to get the following options...

• Replace Black / Diesel Gray Interior Colors with Black Interior Color for $0
  • Upgrade to the Tradesman Level 1 Package for $1,555
    • Carpet Floor-Covering
    • Cloth 40/20/40 Bench Seat
    • Front and Rear Floor Mats
    • Rear Power-Sliding Window
Then you can opt for the $840 for the Off-Road Package includes...
  • Off-Road Package
    • Electronic Locking Rear Axle
    • Front Extra-Heavy-Duty Shock Absorbers
    • Front Suspension Skid-Plate
    • Fuel Tank Skid-Plate
    • Full-Size Spare Tire
    • Hill-Descent Control
    • LT275/65R18C OWL On / Off-Road Tires
    • "Off-Road" Decals
    • Off-Road Information Pages
    • Rear Extra-Heavy-Duty Shock Absorbers
    • Steering Gear Skid-Plate
    • Tow Hooks
  • Transfer-Case Skid-Plate

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ram Trucks finally posted the build and price for the 2021 Ram 1500 Classic models. However there are two packages which don't show up in the B&P, the Warlock All-Terrain Package and the Tradesman® Off-Road Package. I've driven enough 5th generation Rams to have a strong desire for those, but the Rebel trim level is out of my price range. The price difference between the Warlock trim Classic and the 5-gen Rebel seems to be narrower for 2021. I'm looking at V6 Quad Cab models here, I don't need a lot of options. So, I'm in the "I'll settle for the previous generation because it's all I can afford" demographic.

Now however, there seems to be another alternative, the Tradesman® Off-Road Package. Other than what the Ram Trucks website states under exterior options, i know very little about either the Tradesman off-road or the Warlock all-terrain packages. I also have seen the articles both here and on 5thgenrams website about the Warlock All-terrain package, but I haven't seen any mention of the Tradesman® Off-Road Package.

Here are some things I would like to know.
How much do these option packages cost?
What other options would I need to duplicate the previous generation Rebel package when ordering a 2021 Warlock?
Is the off-road package for the Tradesman available on the regular cab short box? (If so, then it would come close to recreating the 1977-81 Macho package. The two-tone colors and wheels would, of course, be different.)
Are there mandatory options with the Tradesman® Off-Road Package ?

The Stellantis Media website has no information on the 2021 Ram 1500 Classics, I've check there as well. Except for the TRX, there are no 2021 Ram brochures posted on the Ram Trucks website either.

You are not going to fully-duplicate the 2018 Rebel, but to get you that Rebel look you have to order the following...

• 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio - $95
  • Warlock All-Terrain Package - $195
    • 17-Inch x 8.0-Inch Matte-Black Aluminum Wheels
    • Center Hub
    • LT265/70R17E BSW All-Terrain Tires
    • Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats by Mopar®
  • Utility Group - $195
    • Front LED Fog Lamps
    • Tow Hooks
  • Technology Package I - $300
    • Pushbutton Start
    • Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry
  • Protection Group - $395
    • Front Suspension Skid-Plate
    • Full-Size Spare Tire
    • Tow Hooks
    • Transfer Case Skid-Plate Shield
  • Heated Seats & Wheel Group - $595
    • Heated Front Seats
    • Heated Steering Wheel
    • A/C with Dual-Zone Auto Temperature Control
  • Electronic Group - $795
    • 8.4-Inch Touchscreen Display
    • A/C with Dual-Zone Auto Temperature Control
    • Apple CarPlay®
    • Cluster 7.0-Inch TFT Color Display
    • Google Android Auto™
    • HD™ Radio
    • Full Function Media Hub with 2-USB Plus Aux Port
    • SiriusXM Guardian™ Connected Services w/1-Yr Trial
    • Uconnect® 4C with 8.4-Inch Display
    • USB Host Flip
  • Luxury Group - $845
    • 2nd-Row In-Floor Storage Bins
    • Automatic-Dimming Exterior Mirror
    • Cluster 7.0-Inch TFT Color Display
    • Exterior Mirrors with Supplemental Signals
    • Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
    • Glove Box Lamp
    • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
    • LED Bed Lighting
    • Overhead Console With Garage Door Opener
    • Power-Folding Mirrors
    • Power-Heated Mirrors with Fold-Away
    • Rear Dome Lamp with On/Off Switch
    • Automatic-Dimming Rear-View Mirror
    • Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
    • Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
    • Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Trailer & Traction Group - $1,215
    • Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
    • Class IV Receiver-Hitch
    • Power Black Trailer-Tow Mirrors
    • Trailer Brake Controller
  • 5.7-liter HEMI V8 - $1,450
  • 8HP70 8-Speed Transmission - $500
  • Rear-Power Slider Window - $395
  • Sport Performance Hood - $775
  • 8.4-Inch Uconnect 4C with NAV - $795
  • Premium Cloth Bucket Seats - $1,295
So by the time you equip it to be like a Rebel, you are looking well over $50k for a Classic. If I were you depending on where you live. I would check out the 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn "Build To Serve" Edition or the 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 North Edition trucks. Both are the newer body style Ram with the 4x4 Off-Road Group as standard equipment and you can find sometimes cheaper than a fully-loaded Warlock All-Terrain

patfromigh

Reaction score
I was asking about the new Off-Road package for the Classic Tradesman. I think you listed the options for the DT Ram Tradesman. I'm more interested in appearance. I'm glad Ram finally listed the Warlock All-Terrain package. At the time I first posted about this, the package wasn't listed. The Ram Classic Off-Road package still isn't in the build and price. The sticker price for the Warlock does come very close to that of the current Rebel. Something similar to the Rebel interior would pass the Rebel price for a Warlock.

I don't need a crew cab, Hemi or even a lot of tech. Right now the dealers in my area are discounting big time on Warlocks, but some of those are over 50K on the sticker. That's more than I can afford because even with the discounts those trucks are still high. Dealers over the border in another state have Big Horn Quad Cabs with the V6 at less than what I'm seeing in my area for Ram Classics. I don't know if that is a different sales region.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably change my mind for want I want at least ten times before I buy something.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I was asking about the new Off-Road package for the Classic Tradesman. I think you listed the options for the DT Ram Tradesman. I'm more interested in appearance. I'm glad Ram finally listed the Warlock All-Terrain package. At the time I first posted about this, the package wasn't listed. The Ram Classic Off-Road package still isn't in the build and price. The sticker price for the Warlock does come very close to that of the current Rebel. Something similar to the Rebel interior would pass the Rebel price for a Warlock.

I don't need a crew cab, Hemi or even a lot of tech. Right now the dealers in my area are discounting big time on Warlocks, but some of those are over 50K on the sticker. That's more than I can afford because even with the discounts those trucks are still high. Dealers over the border in another state have Big Horn Quad Cabs with the V6 at less than what I'm seeing in my area for Ram Classics. I don't know if that is a different sales region.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably change my mind for want I want at least ten times before I buy something.

Those options are for the 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock...

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

The Ram 1500 Classic does not have an Off-Road package... the Ram 1500 (DT) does...

1613108065370.png

patfromigh

Reaction score
As stated in my first post of this thread, the Ram Classic Tradesman is mentioned on the Exterior Options page.
Link> 2021 Ram 1500 Classic | Truck Bed, Tonneau Cover & More

There is a pull down menu under the banner "Customize Your 2021 Ram 1500 Classic".

CUSTOMIZE YOUR 2021 RAM 1500 CLASSIC​

Tackle the off-road with the new Tradesman® Off-Road Package. This package features all of the bells and whistles from the 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Tradesman® 4x4 with added enhancements designed for off-roading.

The new available Tradesman® Off-Road Package amps up the Tradesman 4x4 with suspension lift, an anti-spin differential, a 3.92 axle ratio on models equipped with the available 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine and a 3.55 axle ratio with the 3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine, transfer case and front suspension skid plates, front tow hooks, rear extra heavy-duty shocks and all-terrain tires.

While the Off-Road package for the Classic Tradesman doesn't show up in the build and price, there are two photos in the 2021 Ram Classic Gallery on this page link>
Click on the first picture and read the caption.

Is there anyone from Ram Trucks out there we could ask about this?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I see it now. Sorry, I misunderstood. This is the first time I have heard of this package. I will reach out to our Ram Rep about the package and see what they have to say.

patfromigh

Reaction score
"May Day! May Day! Do you receive us Ram trucks? This is your isolated customer base and you have finally posted the 2021 Ram 1500 Classic brochure on the first week of May 2021. The Ram website build and price still hasn't been updated to reflect the Ram Classic option packages listed in the brochure. We are your customers and are fading fast.":(

This is what the 2021 Ram Classic brochure reveals:

Tradesman Black Package — Includes *V9 cloth seats, Black exterior badges, Black headlamp bezels, Black grille with Black Ram’s Head logo and 17-inch Semi-Gloss Black-painted aluminum wheels (ADZ)

Tradesman Off-Road Package — Includes antispin differential, 3.92 axle ratio with V8 or 3.55 axle ratio with V6, tow hooks, skid plates for transfer case and front suspension, rear extra-heavy-duty shocks, 17-inch All-Terrain tires and raised ride height (AN4)

Warlock All-Terrain Package — Includes front and rear rubber floor mats, 17-inch Matte Black-painted aluminum wheels and 17-inch All-Terrain tires (ASJ)

Protection Group — Includes tow hooks, front suspension and transfer case skid plates, and full-size spare tire (4x4 models only) (ADB)

My two cents:
The Tradesman Off-Road package offers more than the Warlock All-Terrain package, because to get the skid plates and tow hooks on a Warlock the protection group must also be ordered. It looks like I could order the the Tradesman packages on a regular cab as well. I can't remember what the last year of the W-150 Macho Power Wagon package is. It was either 1980 or 81. I could duplicate one with the option list. It wouldn't have the bright wheels and stripes, but it would be close. Forty years ago there were no airbags and in most places a person didn't have to worry about locking things in the cab. So I might also consider a Quad Cab.

The Warlock gets expensive rather quickly and climbs into the price range of a DT Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread