Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Camaro: Affordable LT1 V8 trim and other changes

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
2020 Camaro

For 2020, Chevrolet is introducing a Camaro LT1 variant for $34,995 including destination featuring the 6.2L V8 from without any of the luxury features. It's essentially an LT with a V8.

2020-Chevrolet-Camaro-LI1-1.jpg

Chevy has also changed the SS fascia to mimic the Camaro Shock concept front end. The center of the bumper will now be painted body color instead of black and the bowtie is being moved back into the grille where it belongs.

2020-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-Fascia-Zoom-2.jpg

Other changes include the availability of the 10-speed automatic transmission in V6 models and some shuffled options and packages.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotta admit, the LT1 is really compelling. It's about $795 less than a Challenger R/T before incentives and is much faster. Dodge should follow by standardizing the 392 on the Charger and Challenger R/T. They should also give the GT cars the option of a rear seat delete and dual mode exhaust.

Mopar426

Reaction score
I am currently shopping for a '19 SS and I've been wishing they had just put the LT1 in the regular body as I think it looks better than the SS and now my wish has been granted, problem is I wanted one soon, not this fall just in time for winter but we'll see how things play out. This car is going to cause disruptions for the mustang and challenger - it'll be interesting to see if Dodge even responds as it doesn't jive with their "higher transaction prices" model of doing business lately. The scat starts at 41 - I am sure Ford will fire back with a mustang GT for the same low starting point.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am currently shopping for a '19 SS and I've been wishing they had just put the LT1 in the regular body as I think it looks better than the SS and now my wish has been granted, problem is I wanted one soon, not this fall just in time for winter but we'll see how things play out. This car is going to cause disruptions for the mustang and challenger - it'll be interesting to see if Dodge even responds as it doesn't jive with their "higher transaction prices" model of doing business lately. The scat starts at 41 - I am sure Ford will fire back with a mustang GT for the same low starting point.
The recent EcoBoost performance upgrades are also pretty interesting. Don't know the price of those though. I like that Chevy is supposedly making some options available without packages like red seat belts, Recaro seats, and a suede steering wheel/shifter. How cool would a LT1 be with all of those items and a price under $40k?

The Camaro with a sunroof is tight for me in terms of headroom, but a LT1 without a sunroof would work just fine... Of course, people will still buy the Challenger for the extra interior space.

mopar22

Reaction score
Looks much better. Not my cup of tea still but i'm gonna guess this will cause a few extra people to come there way over the challenger and mustang. Yea the challenger is bigger and in teh upper trims has a bigger engine but at the end of the day it's starting to lag behind in many ways sadly

James.A

Reaction score
I think that the Mustang will stay king but this could push the Camaro to #2. Chally is a lot more comfy than the Camaro and that's a big selling point so maybe it'll hold on to the 2 spot regardless.

Mopar426

Reaction score
I think that the Mustang will stay king but this could push the Camaro to #2. Chally is a lot more comfy than the Camaro and that's a big selling point so maybe it'll hold on to the 2 spot regardless.
Camaro is also designed to really only appeal to younger guys where the challenger appeals to young and old. That's when you realize how much better the challenger could be doing in sales if it had a more sporty chassis like the camaro.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Camaro won't move up to #2 because of this trim, it won't boost sales that much. Challenger sales may fall due to it getting long in the tooth to hand off the #2 sales position to the Camaro but this trim level won't do it. Yes it has the best platform of the 3 but it hands down is the worst in every other way, interior and visibility is a joke, which is why people have been ignoring it. Sales went down when the 6th gen Camaro came out, just like every GM product released recently.

Users who are viewing this thread