Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jeep Cherokee Hood

tmb909

Reaction score
When it is windy out my hood flops around like it is unlatched. Does anybody else have this problem?
In 2019 they put an Aluminum hood on the Cherokee.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
2014+ Cherokees have aluminum hoods. You just need to adjust your hood stops. There are 6 of them IIRC.

Do it half a turn or a turn at a time to make sure you can still open the hood afterwards.

You can see one of them next to the washer fluid fill neck in this picture:

I adjusted mine, and it's been fine since.

Amarony

Reaction score
My Jeep dealer found a Star case # S1823000054 that corrected the problem.

I'd be curious what they did. Just working with the 6 hood supports is not enough to address my problem.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be curious what they did. Just working with the 6 hood supports is not enough to address my problem.
S1823000054 (paraphrased):

Confirm that the fore-aft bumpers on the lower corners of the grille have good contact by pushing on the lower right and left corners of the grille. The hood should not flex there. If the hood flexes and doesn't make contact with the bumpers there, turn the bumpers counterclockwise until the hood makes contact.

With the hood open loosen the 2 bolts on the latch and lower the hood into the secondary latch position. This will center the latch, and the latch should be loose enough to fall to its lower position. Open the hood and tighten the latch bolts to 11N.m.

Close the hood and check to make sure it is flush with the fenders. If it is not flush, adjust the up/down bumpers until it is flush.

Users who are viewing this thread