Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Sported Another New Set Of Wheels For LA Auto Show!

Ralph and Dodge have made some of the coolest wheel design, and the ones shown on the different Charger Banshee concepts are no exception.
  2. M

I am hearing they are rethinking the end of the V8 for Charger/Challenger

^^^This. Why don’t also offer both V8 and inline-6 ? Personally, I don’t care if the V8 becomes the entry level similar to what they are doing with Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. I might be Will to sacrifice some of these unnecessary features and electronics. Out of the V8’s, I truly think the...
  3. M

Electric Or Bust! What Is Your Opinion?

How stupid has it become? To safe the earth and environment, they wanted to get rid of fossil fuel, but they have no problem causing mining issues to extract the rare earth metal and sea bed and naval life is one of them...
  4. M

And I can’t wait for the 1000hp version. That thing is going to be a monster.
  5. M

This is what pisses the hell out of a lot of us. When the brand’s CEO keep repeating the next generation Charger and Challenger are BEV only. https://www.thedrive.com/news/dodge-could-still-make-turbo-inline-six-muscle-cars-in-future
  6. M

One of my friends has a degree in batteries and renewable energy. One of the point she said, is that the current batteries used have a life span including degradation of 10-12 years and then it would need to be replaced. Currently your are only have a replacement from the OEM, which I understand...
  7. M

I agree on the Pentastar and Eagle, but the 6.4 Apache still has potential. Motortrend comparison of the 6.4 Grand Wagoneer vs the 510hp Hurricane Grand Wagoneer showed the differences in performance are not that far off. Some were for the Hurricane and some were for the 6.4. Granted, cars...
  8. M

I would not mind that. True to the saying “ Gotta pay to play”
  9. M

Well, if that turns to be true, Dodge could expect some lawsuits from the people who raced to purchase the “Last Call” models.
  10. M

Is Dodge Missing Out Moving Away From The Traditional V8 Muscle Car?

There is still room to update the natural aspirated V8 HEMI. Mopar had experimented with 3-valves pushrod HEMI and building a DOHC Big Block 426 back in the 60's-70's. Imagine using that with the modern knowledge and engineering. There is also the light weight material like aluminum and...
  11. M

Is Dodge Missing Out Moving Away From The Traditional V8 Muscle Car?

It’ll be interesting to see what the market is going to prove in the first couple of years, of when it goes on sale.
  12. M

Stella going all Electric or not?

The inline-6 in the HD trucks is diesel . The inline-6 in Ram 1500 is gasoline. There’s not going to be a low volume V8 if they are going to stop development and production. The only V8 I can gather that’s staying is the Ram HD 6.4l .
  13. M

Stella going all Electric or not?

This just shows Stellantis European upper management do not understand the markets outside Europe. If they think Ram 1500 buyers will settle for the Inline- 6 engine, they are in for a disappointing surprise, when their nemesis competitors are still offering V8 in the large volume trims. TRX...
  14. M

Carlos Keynote speech at Paris Autoshow

How would it be thanks to that, when it just started the pre-order and not even went into production? Dodge version became a reality after Alfa decided to utilize the legacy SUSW platform.
  15. M

2023 Wagoneer Build and Price only showing Hurricane?

Well, Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator come with a V6, and they are the 2nd best selling. The best selling are GM trio and they are still V8, but also they have been longer in the market.
  16. M

Dodge is lying - there is a path forward for the V8

The desire in Europe to move to sustainable energy and electrification is understandable since they depend on oil and gas imports and the change in the global political landscape greatly affects the prices which in turn hurt Europe and the European citizens. But in the US, it’s a different...
  17. M

These articles for Charger and Challenger sales are more of a proof that people are still buying V8. Although, the numbers are not broken by trim or engine type, but certainly V8s would have created the interest. Dodge Challenger Dominates Muscle Car Sales, Beats Mustang Again V8 Cars and SUV...
  18. M

No matter what anyone says on different forums or on the social media platform, one thing that will make Stellantis considers their position to keep or kill the V8, is how much they will retain of the market share after they move away from the V8's whether it is in Cars, SUVs or Light Duty...
  19. M

BREAKING: Windsor Will Begin Building A New Electrified Vehicle In 2024:

Again, look at Ford GT500 vs Mach-E GT. Same performance with about 30% less of the price of the GT500.
  20. M

BREAKING: Windsor Will Begin Building A New Electrified Vehicle In 2024:

I heard from someone the same and the V8 in cars would only continue in the Challenger.