Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Search results

1. S

Pair Of Beautiful Rallye Red 1971 Plymouth Cudas Are Going To Barrett-Jackson!

And to go along with that performance, that '71 Hemi 'Cuda grill is by far my favorite.
  2. S

End of an era: New Fiat Doblo production shifts to Spain from Turkey

I wonder if Ram might replace the Doblo based van with a Scudo based van. Just a thought.
  3. S

Stellantis & Samsung SDI Invest Over $2.5 Billion For Lithium-Ion Battery Production Plant In U.S.!

I would take a guess that there is a bit of risk management in diversifying your supply chain by choosing to use two different suppliers. Best not to put all your eggs in one basket.
  4. S

VW Reportedly Bringing Back Scout Brand With Electric Pickup And SUV

I am sad to hear this. I had been hoping Case/New Holland would have purchased Navistar to combine them with Iveco, but VW's Man/Scania scooped them up instead. It would have been nice to have Navistar in the extended family of brands, but that obviously didn't happen.
  5. S

Driving The Future – DS E-Tense Performance Concept:

That looks very Dodge Charger like to me.
  6. S

New charger?

Wouldn't the next gen Pacifica need to be on STLA Large? It's a pretty large vehicle, with the interior volume which would benefit from every last bit of additional range offered by the largest platform.
  7. S

Stellantis Electric Vehicle Day on July 8, 1 hour before Wall Street open

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed reply. I now understand the situation much better.
  8. S

True, but I'm asking about what will they do a few years from now. My question is, will the FCA/PSA full size vans continue on their current unique platform, or will they migrate over to one of these new STLA electrified platforms? I'm curious what the answer to that question is.
  9. S

My first question is, will Ducato continue using it's own unique van platform, or will it be folded in with one of the new STLA platforms? If it's going to be on one of the new STLA Platforms, I don't see how it could be on STLA Large. Look at the dimension ranges they specified for STLA...
  10. S

I don't think changing the name from Fiat Professional to RAM will cause it to lose customers. I do agree that not every product should be micromanaged from North America. Doesn't make any sense to do that, and I seriously doubt they would. As for the Promaster and Daily, I understand why...
  11. S

I definitely think it would be a good move to bring all LCV products under the Ram brand, with local regional managers to design for each market. I wonder if they would consider sharing their next gen van platform with Iveco for the Daily? Just interesting to think about.
  12. S

Does anyone know whether the Ducato/Ram Promaster et al full size vans continue on their own completely separate platform, or do they eventually migrate over to STLA Frame? It doesn't seem like STLA Large would be big enough. Just curious since STLA is such a leader in Vans.
  13. S

Jeep® Unveils It’s Updated Compass For 2022, In Chicago!

My wild guess is that they're not set up to produce that engine locally, and are not willing to import them. If that's the case, then they may be looking to buy time with the same drivetrains until they decide what to do with that assembly plant. Would they perhaps update it to build STLA...
  14. S

Ralph Gilles Gives Us A Sneak Peek At The Chrysler Airflow Vision:

So if that depiction winds up being accurate, it looks to me that the next gen Charger is getting the more upright C pillar design element from the current gen 300. That should be a big improvement for law enforcement use. Along those lines, do they plan on making it a hatchback or liftback...
  15. S

Jean-Pierre Ploué, Stellantis Chief Design Officer* will lead LANCIA design

I just know from my experience, however anecdotal, that I see a lot of Audis in Italy, and hear people there speak of them as having a higher status. Personally, being from the US, I have never found Audi to be an aspirational brand, with a few notable exceptions. Generally, I've viewed them as...
  16. S

But the key words you said are "outside of Italy." I wonder if they'll focus on building Lancia back up within Italy, not outside. I know Italy is not a large market, but many people in Italy look to the Germans for premium. If they could be offered homegrown alternatives, you could win some...
  17. S

True, but I thought Lancia and Alfa target very different customers. Who knows if it will work, but I would love to see them pull it off and be successful.
  18. S

I think you are probably right, but it's interesting to me that they are choosing to try this. I wonder if this is an attempt to take back some market share from the Germans, and Audi in particular, in France and especially in Italy with more nationalistic premium branding. So let France have...
  19. S

RAM's "Long-Hauler" Concept Is The Ultimate Cross Country Hauler:

I think I remember someone with knowledge posting back in the day that ultimately, the extended range that the extra large fuel tank gained you, was cutting too far into the payload/tow rating to be worthwhile on this class of vehicle.
  20. S

Better start thinking of a new name for the Cherokees

With respect to everyone here, I sincerely hope this place doesn't become infested with political talk. In my experience on various forums over the years, nothing kills a community more completely than political talk. If you never get a sense of what my political views are, then I'm doing it...