Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Search results

1. bill burke

Australians Can Now Get Their Hands On The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX:

I see no reason why Rams, Dodges and Jeeps of all kinds would not find a receptive audience in this market. Aulstralians share so much in common with Americans, and we with them, why not our Mopars?
  2. bill burke

Stellantis Celebrates Launch of First New Assembly Plant in Detroit in 30 Years!

Having spent my career in a predominately minority high school in NYC I know first hand the impact this kind of investment has on young adults. It is an investment in people first and foremost. One of the hardest values to convey to young learners is the purpose to education, a visible, viable...
  3. bill burke

FIAT Is Bringing The 500e To The Western Hemisphere On August 3rd:

Fiat, the brand, can have a profitable presence in North America, but there is much to be done to make that happen. One step would be to offer the electric 500. It may not be a huge sales leader, but it has much more of an appeal factor than the original 500 as an urban car. The problem is...
  4. bill burke

We Might Be Seeing Jeep® Grand Wagoneers Heading To Dealers Next Week!

I’m right with you on this one. I saw the same pricing gymnastics on the new Grand Cherokee while looking to replace my leased 2019 Cherokee and that paint thing turned me off, big time. I just bought my Cherokee off lease last week. No extra cost for all the features in my Overland that are...
  5. bill burke

We Might Be Seeing Jeep® Grand Wagoneers Heading To Dealers Next Week!

Once Jeep is set, and that is critical, it is time for Stellantis to turn its attention and resources to Dodge and importantly to Chrysler. That too is critical.
  6. bill burke

FORGOTTEN: The 2007 Chrysler Nassau Shooting Brake Concept Car:

Clearly we disagree. Awesome? Where would Chrysler be today with a small crossover like the PT Cruiser which defined the segment and was incredibly successful, with an updated halo sports car, truly an affordable luxury two seater, like the Crossfire, with a mid size sedan, coupe and convertible...
  7. bill burke

FORGOTTEN: The 2007 Chrysler Nassau Shooting Brake Concept Car:

Obviously any business has to make tough decisions but too often that phrase is a poor excuse for incompetence at high levels. Where do we put the decisions to cancel, the PT Cruiser, the Sebring convertible, the 200, the Crossfire and the Pacifica crossover SUV ? I have opinions on that one...
  8. bill burke

Dodge//SRT Could Return To IMSA Racing With Help From Peugeot Sport!

I totally agree, put a Dodge engine in it.
  9. bill burke

Dodge//SRT Could Return To IMSA Racing With Help From Peugeot Sport!

Although my interest is NHRA drag racing and NASCAR, any type of racing for Dodge enhances and promotes the performance essence of the brand. When you commit to performance you must race and you must build vehicles that are reflective of that performance commitment. I think using the spine of...
  10. bill burke

Could The Next-Generation Dodge Charger & Challenger Be Built In America?

If these rumors prove accurate it will be a sort of personal vindication for my often repeated thoughts on Cherokee, the Journey replacement and the Challenger and Charger. This articles thinking just makes too much sense and covers too much product to be pure speculation. Do I be so bold as to...
  11. bill burke

FIAT Brazil Adds New S-Design Package To Cronos Sub-Compact Sedan:

Yes it was Fiat that dropped the ball, but I loved their early commercials. I attempted two points. First, Fiat Brazil has talent and resources that, in spite of protectionist closed market arguments, potentially can develope and manufacture product for the North American market. Second, Fiat...
  12. bill burke

I’d buy into the Serbian proposal.
  13. bill burke

Call me dense, but I just don’t get it. Fiat has literally no product offerings in North America and has given up practically speaking in our market. Fiat Brazil is on fire, has many very modern and successful offerings and not one has found its way north as a Fiat and in the way of compact...
  14. bill burke

Hagan Takes Home The Wally At The Dodge//SRT Mile-High NHRA Nationals Presented by Pennzoil!

Appears like things are looking up for Mopar. It has taken awhile, but the Drag Pack Challengers are now competitive. As a former drag racer, looking at the all important 60 foot times this week end, more work on launch hook up still needs to be figured out and that takes seat time and testing...
  15. bill burke

Hagan Qualifies Charger No. 1 For Dodge//SRT Mile-High Nationals Presented by Pennzoil!

Just wish there were more Challenger Drag Packs in competition. Hope Mark can go rounds on Sunday.
  16. bill burke

UNPLUGGED: 2008 & 2009 Dodge Circuit EV Sports Car:

These were very attractive cars and on the cusp of technology at the time. Of course something like this would sell in the future electric market. Dodge is making the right decision in blending the past,the future and Dodge performance culture into product most fans will be happy with, very...
  17. bill burke

This 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited 4xe Hits The Drag Strip!

Pretty clear that Mopar Willy is an old school kind of guy clinging to his Hemi with stubborn determination. But he is also open minded enough to new things when they are inevitable or obviously better. I own a 2019 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Overland and a 2019 Challenger R/T Plus and the technical...
  18. bill burke

Jeep® Unveils It’s Updated Compass For 2022, In Chicago!

One reason I chose my Cherokee is V-6 power, not offered in Compass, thus a toe steping avoidance. Best toe saver, build a down sized RWD based Cherokee on the Grand Cherokee assembly line. I see a “Save the Toes” movement in its formative stage right here.
  19. bill burke

Jeep® Unveils It’s Updated Compass For 2022, In Chicago!

If the exterior and interior are identical to the Indian and Brazilian Compass, then who did this refresh? If it has been outsourced, then good job, the results are quite good. Smart to take advantage of this global Jeep talent while reducing development costs here. However, I agree, the lack of...