Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easter Egg Could Hint At New Dodge Charger, Challenger By 2023

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I laughed when I read that. That will make it 14 years since it was first launched right?

It seems it was just a coincidence.
  • Muscle Cars and Trucks noticed a 2023-mile odometer reading in press photos of the 2020 Dodge Challenger, which they and others thought could signal that the next generation's release is in 2023.
  • Dodge is a frequent user of teasers to reveal upcoming cars, but a Dodge spokesperson told C/D this is not that.
  • The automaker also reportedly has a track-focused ACR variant of the Challenger in the works.

James.A

Reaction score
It’s 2023, as the the SiriusXM Turbo part on the UConnect system, that’s another one referring to GME T-6 which the next gen Charger/Challenger are getting.
Was there reference to 315 HP? I remember reading that in a different thread. If so, it sounds low for a turbo I6...

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Was there reference to 315 HP? I remember reading that in a different thread. If so, it sounds low for a turbo I6...

That might be a reference to base HP in the next gen cars which would be a bit more than the current base HP numbers. I’ve heard of much higher numbers coming out of the new turbo 6, but it’s also probably not going to be the base engine offering.

Blown7

Reaction score
315 definitely isn't the turbo horsepower. ..heck the Pentestar V6 normally aspirated is 300 horsepower.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Will they electrify 6.2?

Blown7

Reaction score
Could be a 2.0T HP number.
Would they really go that small of an engine?
Yea it may make 315 hp but nobody wants to run at high rpm all the time to be in the power band..
But then again I'm from the old school of nothing beats displacement.

James.A

Reaction score
Would they really go that small of an engine?
Yea it may make 315 hp but nobody wants to run at high rpm all the time to be in the power band..
But then again I'm from the old school of nothing beats displacement.
I'm with you, I don't want a 2.0 but that is the way the market is going and they need to do better with CAFE regs apparently so it seems that they absolutely would. The 2.0 in the Giulia is pretty good as far as 2.0's go so that generates some hope. I'd prefer a non-turbo I6 as the entry but I have no idea if that's worth it for them. I'm becoming skeptical as to whether we'll even get a next-gen, however, I've heard that they're testing with law enforcement and handle amazingly and have V8's... I'm assuming its the 5.7.

Reactions: TLC

TripleT

Reaction score
Joy and fear should greet the new model, as this outgoing is one of the best vehicles in the history of the Company. And is a strong seller in a declining segment. Let hope it not 1975 redo.... Hopefully it is conservative in implementation and evolutionary in execution.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2.0 in the Giulia is pretty good as far as 2.0's go so that generates some hope.

2.0 inside of Stelvio and Giulia has broader usable torque in comparison to one used on Cherokee and Wragler. Max torque at 2000 rpm instead of 3000 rpm and even a red line is higher on "Alfa" version. My assumption is that FCA puts more money into a GME T4 M than in GME T4 D.

James.A

Reaction score
2.0 inside of Stelvio and Giulia has broader usable torque in comparison to one used on Cherokee and Wragler. Max torque at 2000 rpm instead of 3000 rpm and even a red line is higher on "Alfa" version. My assumption is that FCA puts more money into a GME T4 M than in GME T4 D.

I'll take your word on the Jeep comparo. I was thinking more in line with my experiences with other 2.0's like the previous 3 series and the Ecoboost. I don't recall having any significant impression of turbo lag in the Alfa engine. 3 series was ok, not as good as the Alfa and the Ecoboost was awful. Still not a big fan of a 2.0 in a large car.

Users who are viewing this thread