Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popular Color Ends Production This Month On Challenger, Charger, and 300:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Popular Color Ends Production This Month On Challenger, Charger, and 300:
Destroyer Grey/Ceramic Grey Color Will End Production At The End Of August...

DG019_003CHben82ugr5nkchemea7pnbkec0p.jpg

Popular Color Ends Production This Month On Challenger, Charger, and 300: - Mopar Insiders

GasAxe

Reaction score
Never been a fan of the destroyer gray color. They were very popular so I feel for those looking forward to buying one.

Any clues on what new colors are coming next?

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Never been a fan of the destroyer gray color. They were very popular so I feel for those looking forward to buying one.

I went back and forth on it but I decided I don't like it either. Aside from non-metallic colors showing more swirl marks, it looked kind of brown in the sun and that wasn't very appealing.

That said, it seemed like a popular color so I'm not sure why they'd want to discontinue it. At least Maximum Steel is going away too.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Frostbite, Sinamon stick, Black-Eye, and Burnout gray, which from what I can see looks similar to Destroyer Gray.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    474 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

DodgeFL

Reaction score
Destroyer Gray was a love it or hate it color. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did ?

EAGLE 5

Reaction score
In the 90 days preceding August 6, 10% of Chrysler 300s were sold in Ceramic Gray. Of non-SRT Challengers and Chargers, 12% and 11% were sold in Destroyer Gray, respectively. 14% of Challenger Hellcats and 15% of Charger Hellcats were in Destroyer Gray.

I'm not sure why they chose to discontinue it since it was one of their best-selling colors.

Could it be just a slight color combination change to differentiate it a bit more from the imitators it seems to have spawned? I've now noticed a few cars have a similar paint scheme even from some unusual manufacturers such as Porsche and Audi. With Burnout Gray it may just be getting a slight tweak.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be just a slight color combination change to differentiate it a bit more from the imitators it seems to have spawned? I've now noticed a few cars have a similar paint scheme even from some unusual manufacturers such as Porsche and Audi. With Burnout Gray it may just be getting a slight tweak.
I haven't seen any info on Burnout Gray other than this thread.

You're right though. I've seen Destroyer Grey lookalikes on Toyota, Audi, Ford vehicles.

BobbiBigWheels

Reaction score
In the 90 days preceding August 6, 10% of Chrysler 300s were sold in Ceramic Gray. Of non-SRT Challengers and Chargers, 12% and 11% were sold in Destroyer Gray, respectively. 14% of Challenger Hellcats and 15% of Charger Hellcats were in Destroyer Gray.

I'm not sure why they chose to discontinue it since it was one of their best-selling colors.
Retail or Fleet/Rental?

I have not seen a new 300 sell since 2016.

Mopar426

Reaction score
I haven't seen any info on Burnout Gray other than this thread.

You're right though. I've seen Destroyer Grey lookalikes on Toyota, Audi, Ford vehicles.
Audi had been using it for years, possibly a decade or more before Dodge came out with it. Toyota I believe only used it for one year on their TRD Pro models (tundra, tacoma, 4runner). Each year they offer one "crazy" color and for 17 or 18 it was that grey. They've used orange, a smurf blue and for 2020 its army green. Not sure about Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread