Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee (WL) Prototype:

CAUGHT: 2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee (WL) Prototype:
Next Generation Grand Cherokee Is Spotted For The First Time...

JpGrCherokee.f07.KGP_.jpg

CAUGHT: 2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee (WL) Prototype: - Mopar Insiders

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I'm excited to see this.

Interesting that there's a new 10.1" TFT (does this mean there will be no "regular" gauges, and they will all be on a screen?) and a 10" uconnect vs getting the 12" from the DT

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the I6 will be the base engine?

GME T6? :unsure: It just doesn't sound right. I can't see that engine with less than 350 HP and 500 Nm of torque.

I would expect GME T4 with a 48V BSG MHEV system as a base engine.

Or will there be a GME N6?

Freshforged

Reaction score
I know it’s just bodycladding, but wouldn’t it be great if that beak in the top of the grill was hiding a wagoneer “rino” nosejob? A fella can dream...

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
GME T6? :unsure: It just doesn't sound right. I can't see that engine with less than 350 HP and 500 Nm of torque.

I would expect GME T4 with a 48V BSG MHEV system as a base engine.

Or will there be a GME N6?

Will the I6 be available in an NA configuration, or only with a turbo?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
@redriderbob

Can you provide WK2 sales data by years and by engines? Thanks.

Blown7

Reaction score
Good ol Resume Speed/Milous used to break out the SRT and Hellcats by model

Plump Crazy used to break every fast Dodge car line down further by engine, make. model

TripleT

Reaction score
I know it’s just bodycladding, but wouldn’t it be great if that beak in the top of the grill was hiding a wagoneer “rino” nosejob? A fella can dream...

or just hang a parachute out the back... and pipe in NVH through the radio :p

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
My take on engines is that most if not all will be electrified. I may be wrong on this but CAFE and CARB are important... An who knows what will the next US President do with it.

So engine line-up may look like a:
- GME T4 D (DOHC) with 48 V BSG (Belt Driven Generator) MHEVsystem
- 5.7 liter HEMI with a 48 V BSG mild hybrid system or maybe without it
- GME T6 with a P2 (electric motor on transmission input) MHEV system and eBooster (electric supercharger) plus a turbocharger which takes up at higher rpm

Speaking about Hellcat. In my opinion even it can be improved with a system similar as on GME T6. In that case they will improve fuel economy by not an insignificant margin.

The most important part to reach CAFE could be a HEV and a PHEV versions. Yes, in the last 5 year plan new Grand Cherokee was highlighted as a one of just 2 FCA vehicles which will got a HEV version.
5.jpg

Basically it's the similar system as a PHEV for RWD based vehicles but without a plug and with a much smaller battery. I think that it can be more attractive to Americans than a PHEV. It should be different in Europe and China.

I don't know nothing about that system and whether will te be offered and with which internal combustion engine.

For PHEV I know that on Wrangler it will be offered with GME T4 D. AFAIK on all current GME T4 D and GME T4 M turbochargers are supplied by Honeywell but on this PHEV supply contrast is won by BorgWarner.

Blown7

Reaction score
I'm all for Battery..

If you can take my Trackhawk..add a small battery and motor and give me a 0-60 under 3 seconds I'm all there..
As long as I don't have to babysit the battery and I can service/replace it.
I don't want to plug it in!!

TripleT

Reaction score
Lead acid is ancient, the new battery systems will eventually replace it. And they should. The biggest issue is class9 approval of the transport.

Look for local assembly to start to happen. Maybe supplier parks. Your only allowed to ship 350Kilo of a class 9 hazard so one will want as much of that to be the actual hazard and not the casing and installation hardware.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
WL should have cooled seats. Keep in mind I said cooled and not ventilated.

Which current FCA cars have cooled front seats?

TripleT

Reaction score
we have remote start in the USA so cooled seats are not as big of deal. Local adoption should be available. Auto folding windows for Europe and Asia. Ride height parking assist for China.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
WL should have cooled seats. Keep in mind I said cooled and not ventilated.

Which current FCA cars have cooled front seats?

Nice. There are times when the vented seats in my KL don't seem to be very effective, and then other times when I almost want to turn the heated seats on to recover from them lol!

we have remote start in the USA so cooled seats are not as big of deal. Local adoption should be available. Auto folding windows for Europe and Asia. Ride height parking assist for China.

Man, Europe gets all the cool stuff - auto folding windows! ?

TripleT

Reaction score
sorry mirrors... parking spots are tight

Users who are viewing this thread