Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could A Turbocharged Inline-Six Be The Option For An Affordable TRX Offering?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
My sources say that the High-Output GME-T6 makes the same amount of power that the 426 HEMI would have made.

Blown7

Reaction score
This is what I was referring to in my other thread. In real time what model year could we really see this for real,? Especially when someone said this power plant isn't ready for prime time. ....?

Freshforged

Reaction score
Sure it’s a possibility, but my (limited) understanding is the TR offering has been shelved, not just the big 8. It could be they are clearing the deck of projects as they prioritize production. Once they clear the backlog, they might revive the TR.

Muther

Reaction score
It makes sense that FCA/Ram would bring out the TRX with a Hellcat, and then, sometime later offer the same exact thing with a less powerful engine, for commensurately less monies. That has been their practice for ten years now.

It also make sense that they would keep mum about the lower power model.

I’ll back what Bob said about the new six. I heard that the thing will have serous juice.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
It makes sense that FCA/Ram would bring out the TRX with a Hellcat, and then, sometime later offer the same exact thing with a less powerful engine, for commensurately less monies. That has been their practice for ten years now.

It also make sense that they would keep mum about the lower power model.

I’ll back what Bob said about the new six. I heard that the thing will have serous juice.

Hasn't it typically been the other-way-round, though? 6.4 first then hellcat later? I suppose this time unless we are surprised with a 6.4 option in the 1500 first before 2022 the hellcat will lead the way unless the new six debuts in ram at the same time which i highly doubt.

Muther

Reaction score
Hasn't it typically been the other-way-round, though? 6.4 first then hellcat later? I suppose this time unless we are surprised with a 6.4 option in the 1500 first before 2022 the hellcat will lead the way.

No, I was thinking how the SRT tech bled down to the Scat Pack, how the Demon Tech bled down to the 1320. Like how tech from higher packages bleeds down to lower models.

SRT has something in the works, and it’s NOT the ChargerWB. It is something(s) else. THAT is going to lead the way. I know what SRT has in the wings, after ChargerWB, but that is not what I am thinking of. I am thinking of something different. I have a few clues, but nothing else. Don’t let that distract this thread tho’. I’ll create one.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
No, I was thinking how the SRT tech bled down to the Scat Pack, how the Demon Tech bled down to the 1320. Like how tech from higher packages bleeds down to lower models.

SRT has something in the works, and it’s NOT the ChargerWB. It is something(s) else. THAT is going to lead the way. I know what SRT has in the wings, after ChargerWB, but that is not what I am thinking of. I am thinking of something different. I have a few clues, but nothing else. Don’t let that distract this thread tho’. I’ll create one.

Oh i thought you were referring to the engines offered in TRX. For tech, yes there has been some trickle down. For engines recently they ramp up to the more powerfull engine, not debut with it, which was the case with grand cherokee and now rumored with the durango. For TRX it seems unclear we may just get the hellcat.

mopar22

Reaction score
Oh i thought you were referring to the engines offered in TRX. For tech, yes there has been some trickle down. For engines recently they ramp up to the more powerfull engine, not debut with it, which was the case with grand cherokee and now rumored with the durango. For TRX it seems unclear we may just get the hellcat.
Ram sat too long by not bringing out a trx of some form. With the raptor going back (adding back?) to supercharged v8 apparently ram can't use the i6t right off the bat unless they want to waste money

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Ram sat too long by not bringing out a trx of some form. With the raptor going back (adding back?) to supercharged v8 apparently ram can't use the i6t right off the bat unless they want to waste money

They will still need something to compete with the 6.2 and 3.5 HO i think....whether that is the HD 6.4 or SRT 6.4 or the I6 i dont know, but it will hopefully be available on more trims than just the TR. Hopefully an option on Laramie or above and include the Rebel or TR.

I love the 5.7 but am looking forward to on option or replacement with a little more oomph maybe around refresh time to maintain sales however i woulcn't complain about a surprise for 2020 or 2021

MoparMantis

Reaction score
500 horse appeals to me. Straight 6 gasser in a pickup, not so much. But then again, it is 500 horse (at least rumored). We'll see.
At 500 horse, would that basically replace the srt 6.4?

Users who are viewing this thread