Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just A Heads Up...

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, you are probably wondering what happened to the site and why the main address is connected to the front page url. Well, this weekend we had a security breach on the website thanks to Chinese hackers. Apparently, we weren't the only WordPress based website that has gone through this as apparently over 1,000 websites were hit within the last month. Luckily, @Jared B stopped the site from spamming our visitors. While we update the site itself, we are taking this time to update the site and install not just new security measures but to upgrade servers to make sure the site has a fast connection pace for future visitors.

Since MoparInsiders.com has began, we have hit over 560,000 people visiting the site monthly. With all of that traffic, the simple servers we put in place were bogged down with the traffic causing slow response times (especially on mobile devices). We are hoping to improve that as we are on our way have 700,000 visitors a month starting this month. MoparInsiders.com has become the fastest growing website for Mopar related news on the internet.

So while we spend the next couple of days upgrading the site, we have posted our forum up on the main page for the people who have been reading it and engaging on it to continue. I have been getting tons of e-mail and private messages saying the site isn't working. So I figured I should post what is going on to ensure everyone that MoparInsiders.com hasn't gone anywhere. Instead we are trying to update the site at one time, than just do some patch work here and there not solving the small issues.

Nate4x4

Reaction score
Thanks guys...I'm sorry to hear this. Yea, I was wondering why I couldn't visit the site; I thought it was my browser. :confused:

PS: Thank-you Jared B, you're an awesome MOD...:cool:

Last edited:

MoparJoe

Reaction score
"Thanks guys...I'm sorry to hear this. Yea, I was wondering why I couldn't visit the site; I thought it was my browser. :confused:"

Nate4x4 it is NOT your browser ... send me 2 bitcoins and I will help you !!!

Last edited:

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jared B has the layout been changed? On mobile I can’t scroll down and see current members online and recent threads anymore.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
@Jared B has the layout been changed? On mobile I can’t scroll down and see current members online and recent threads anymore.

I updated to the newest version of xenforo last night and updated to the newest version of the theme to go with it. I'll look and see if there's an option for it that maybe got turned off.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I updated to the newest version of xenforo last night and updated to the newest version of the theme to go with it. I'll look and see if there's an option for it that maybe got turned off.
It’s still accessible from the menu but it’s much less convenient.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'll see if there's anything I can do to get it back how it was.

Users who are viewing this thread