Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next generation Charger/Challenger EV Only?

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Anything on the challenger design change....retro/modern?
The MC&T article said they currently sell so well because of design and not to expect huge changes (quoting their dodge source)

Derek

Reaction score
The MC&T article said they currently sell so well because of design and not to expect huge changes (quoting their dodge source)
Good!...as long as we don't end up with something like this...Screenshot_20220402-214911_Gallery.jpg

cygnus

Reaction score
I do like the wheel flairs and swooped rear look, with a rectangle squared off front end.

I'm over single straight line light bar front ends with EVs. Do something cool with LEDs - a unique light signature profile that when you see it, you know it's a Dodge.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
That rendering was probably done before the 6th gen camaro came out and flopped.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
They've certainly gotten better at keeping things hidden considering the reveal next week. In years past we would have a dozen spy shots, full accurate renderings and know everything about it by now lol

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Any news on when to expect the next gen charger/challenger debut?
And is the EV they just showed going to stay a coupe and replace challenger? Will it just be a charger coupe and sedan? That car seems awfully confusing. Its a 2 door but has a 4 door roof line and a hatch back because they said it has to have CUV attributes. I predict that thing changes A LOT before a production model is shown

James.A

Reaction score
RacerX (YouTube channel) spoke with Dodge reps at the event and has a video up stating that when he asked for news on the next-gen Challenger, the response was that if he doesn't see any Challenger presentations at the event that he should "read between the lines"... Misdirection from Dodge ???

srm3500

Reaction score
And is the EV they just showed going to stay a coupe and replace challenger? Will it just be a charger coupe and sedan? That car seems awfully confusing. Its a 2 door but has a 4 door roof line and a hatch back because they said it has to have CUV attributes. I predict that thing changes A LOT before a production model is shown
I don't think it can change to much as if the new cars are going on sale late 2023 as 24 models then the design is mostly already done. Maybe the new challenger will only be able to seat two to make it shorter and lighter? Or maybe make it a convertible?

Derek

Reaction score
RacerX (YouTube channel) spoke with Dodge reps at the event and has a video up stating that when he asked for news on the next-gen Challenger, the response was that if he doesn't see any Challenger presentations at the event that he should "read between the lines"... Misdirection from Dodge ???
They are reporting this on other YouTube channels as well.. that they are no next gen challenger just a 2 and 4 door charger. and what exactly was that red car under the tarp on the EV day??

Last edited:

James.A

Reaction score
The silhouette in the EV future proof presentation had an EV looking charger with a very different from end design than what we saw a few days ago. Was there a design change since then or will the 4 door have a different look (more hornet) than the Daytona but also an EV version??

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
The silhouette in the EV future proof presentation had an EV looking charger with a very different from end design than what we saw a few days ago. Was there a design change since then or will the 4 door have a different look (more hornet) than the Daytona but also an EV version??
My thoughts are the charger outline in the EV day presentation was the unused 2018 redesign. The car under the cover just looked like a current charger with a little different lower front fascia, probably another redesign that was never used or you might see as a final edition model

James.A

Reaction score
Probably next year at Woodward
Gosh that's a long way off to show replacements after announcing the end of thew current gen IMO. I can see why there have been so many headlines that the twins are dead after 2023 and there will be only the EV after that - Dodge have lead everyone to believe so.

TripleT

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh they are trying to sell the ones they make now, for as much as they can. Why sell the future when the present is hot, they trying as best as they can to make seem like this is a end of era and people should buy them up for what ever they ask.

It not a bad plan.

James.A

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh they are trying to sell the ones they make now, for as much as they can. Why sell the future when the present is hot, they trying as best as they can to make seem like this is a end of era and people should buy them up for what ever they ask.

It not a bad plan.
Touche! Quite obvious on second thought. I'm just so eager to know whether the Chally is dead or not and will there be a gas powered Charger coupe or EV only. My kingdom for answers!

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Touche! Quite obvious on second thought. I'm just so eager to know whether the Chally is dead or not and will there be a gas powered Charger coupe or EV only. My kingdom for answers!

Its not... Challenger will be back... the Charger concept we seen, will morph into a four-door... look at the proportions of the sides

CN022_013DGd4u1jm0akce60kemasju087hub.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread