Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DESIGN: Chrysler Airflow Convertible Digital Design Looks Sleek!

DESIGN: Chrysler Airflow Convertible Digital Design Looks Sleek!​

A Chrysler Convertible For A New Age...​

Airflow Convertible.jpg

The convertible market is shrinking. As manufacturers move towards pickups, SUVs, and crossovers, the convertible is shrinking more and more every year. It was that long ago, that the Chrysler brand proclaimed itself as “America’s Convertible Company” with a trio of convertibles like the retro-themed PT Cruiser Convertible, affordable Sebring Convertible, and the sporty Crossfire Roadster.

Last edited by a moderator:

justbekuz

Reaction score
A very good idea! FCA has always been good in 'niche' marketing throughout the years. Especially since the Chrysler Model 'Well' is very dry lacking depth. This would be a very good 'halo' vehicle to bring visibility back to the Chrysler name.

bill burke

Reaction score
Holy Sebring Batman, this is the best idea ever from Gotham City, let’s built it.
Having owned a LeBaron Mark Cross Edition drop top and also one of the best decision I ever made, still own the now collectible 2006 Crossfire Limited Roadster, I speak with experience. Yes Robbin, I know firsthand how fun a convertible can be. That Crossfire two seater has little general uses, but on a summer night or at cruise/car shows, it has few rivals and as a fabulous ride and a show stopper at those shows, people go nuts over my Chrysler every time. Is there a business case for an Airflow convertible, probably doubtful, as a blast to drive, as a statement about the Chrysler brand, a no brainer. Build it !

bill burke

Reaction score
Looks good on the picture. But judging from real pictures with people standing next to the Airflow, the car is way too high/big for a convertible. For example on this header pic: Chrysler CEO, Chris Feuell Spills Some Details About Additional Chrysler Vehicles!
Sure, this is just a conceptual rendering, but as I continue to press the issue, if Chrysler is to be reincarnated it needs to resurrect the ethos of the brand that should not and must not be ignored or dismissed but embraced as a viable, directional, theme for its future. Stated by others on this tread, Chrysler needs to stand out in a sea of SUV conformity, and that statement is right on these pages. I submit, again that if it were my call, if only, Chrysler would produce a coupe, a convertible and an Imperial line of luxury sedans taking a page from the past to move forward, notably offering what others reject. Frankly, there is enough of a market to justify the move, just ask BMW, Mercedes and Audi. Reverse engineer off the Airflow these three vehicles and give Chrysler a real shot at the German stuff, at a more affordable price point. Sounds like the former, very successful Chrysler formula to me. If one halo car comes from this thinking, make it a convertible and don’t sweat the small details yet. No milk toast approach for Chrysler. Never.

cgseller

Reaction score
Something has to carry the hand waving popularity contest winners around in community parades...

Users who are viewing this thread