Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrysler CEO, Chris Feuell Spills Some Details About Additional Chrysler Vehicles!

Chrysler CEO, Chris Feuell Spills Some Details About Additional Chrysler Vehicles!​

Motor Tend Interview Confirms Minivan Will Stay, But "Fresh Perspective"...​

1642430521497.png

With many people questioning the future of the Chrysler brand in recent years, this past week the 96-year-old automaker’s new CEO, Chris Feuell announced a plan for the brand to go completely electrified by 2028. She also showed off the sharp-looking new Chrysler Airflow Concept, a peek at where the brand is headed in the very near future at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. But she did refrain from giving out too many new details about the brand’s upcoming new product.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Give me a second Chrysler fans to come down from my euphoric high. I’m just celebrating the news about Chrysler and the fact that at long last, management gets it. Chrysler is more than a soccer mom brand and more than a brand that appeals to nostalgic old folks fixated on the past, it is an ethos, a legacy with tenticals reaching across narrow demographics to a wide new audience that has, can and will embrace that ethos. Ms. Feuell, unlike some pencil pushes without vision in the past, has identified the ethos that will underpin Chrysler’s future and my euphoria at her insightful gift. Allow me the latitude to offer a definition of that ethos. Many, myself included, wish to and do see Chrysler as a near luxury, innovative, affordable, yet impressive true American brand right up there with Cadillac and Lincoln. Remember them? Today, based on these still lingering impressions, Feurell can build on that legacy to pivot to a modern definition of that ethos. Yes, hello, at last management has rediscover the value, worth and vitality still, and going forward now, of the Chrysler brand. We told them so, did we not my allies, that Chrysler was a diamond in a pile of coal. Clearing that pile, polishing that diamond clearly rests with the management at Chrysler, but at last they are among those of us warriors who have eyes to see and the will stand up. Empowered now to admit, those ancient Chrysler loyalists were right after all, not only voices crying in the wilderness of clouded thinkers but voices just needing to be heard. Alas, our loyalty will be given a light, a becon of hope.
Yes Dorothy, we are not in Kansas anymore!

Last edited:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Collar Luxury has always been a mainstream Chrysler staple... would love to see the brand go back to that

cgseller

Reaction score
I think the leadership has acknowledged that Chrysler needs to stand out. The brand needs to sustain itself. There are two ways to do that effectively today. One way is to do volume, and keep pushing sales #s to justify the line, marketing, safety testing, etc. The second way is to do it via premium, the Apple approach if you will, where you can have CoGS is way lower than retail price. Volume suggests trying to mimic what others are doing - which I don't see Chrysler being able to garner the attention of a Toyota, Honda, or Lexus in most of the US (especially outside the auto-rust belt region). In the past several decades, the vehicles that were successful for Chrysler were the PT cruiser, the 300, and the others didn't seem to garner the same kind of respect and volume that those two had.

It sounds like the brain will continue to generate buzz, and if they can set expectations right and not allow consumers to smell vaporwheels, then they may have what ten years from now gets written up as case studies in business school books.

Users who are viewing this thread