Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELLCATS DEAD AFTER 2023

TripleT

Reaction score
Hmmmm the math doesn't seem to work out does it. Unless they are much further along.... after 2024 is a big window.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The current Charger and Challenger will end production in 2023. 2024 will be the new cars. The Hellcat stays till 2025 in the TRX though.

TripleT

Reaction score
Guess I am thinking that the schedule seems aggressive since they haven't even started work at Belvedere

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Guess I am thinking that the schedule seems aggressive since they haven't even started work at Belvedere

Belvidere is a fairly updated plant. Remember, the new Cherokee (KM) is due in 2024 as well. Production of the Cherokee (KL) could end in mid-2023 and the Belvidere plant has a stamping plant on site. The Belvidere was also designed to run several different architectures at a time. Remember when it ran the Patriot MK49 and Compass MK74 as well as the Dart (PF)? The plant shouldn't take long to reconfigure for car production.

Besides the Charger and Challenger production for the past several years has been starting in January of the model year they are building. So this means production of the Charger (LD) and Challenger (LA) could go through till late December 2023. Plenty of time.

TripleT

Reaction score
MK to CUSW are pretty close to same manufacturing window.

Seems a bigger shift ... have we heard about any prep work?

Carrier should change and distance

Last edited:

Mopar392

Reaction score
If Toluca any indication, Belvidere could be able to run and adjust to multiple platforms and dimensions

TripleT

Reaction score
Not same plant setup..... I will be surprised if some upgrades don't have to be made, at least to the carriers.

TripleT

Reaction score
If it is new capacity for the new model ..... we can hope for a classic for another model year???? please???

Mopar392

Reaction score
Tim said the current Challenger would be produced along side the next one for a couple of years.
But I would not expect all trims to be available then. Maybe only the 5.7.

WXman

Reaction score
I'm hoping that toward the end of 2023 calendar year I will be able to afford to snag up a Challenger Scat Pack while I can still get one new. Fingers crossed....

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
I'm hoping that toward the end of 2023 calendar year I will be able to afford to snag up a Challenger Scat Pack while I can still get one new. Fingers crossed....
Good luck as that is the last year of the V8. Makes me wonder if you get the last year model usually those become desirable cars but in this case I wonder if dealers will jack up the 🤑price or cut production to less made since it is the last year of the V8 in the current Challenger body.🤧👎🤮

WXman

Reaction score
Good luck as that is the last year of the V8. Makes me wonder if you get the last year model usually those become desirable cars but in this case I wonder if dealers will jack up the 🤑price or cut production to less made since it is the last year of the V8 in the current Challenger body.🤧👎🤮

With all the uncertainty in the world right now, insane prices, and supply/production issues I decided to buy a nice used R/T specimen so I will at least have a V8 Challenger. Out of curiosity I emailed Dodge and they wrote back that my VIN checks out as "one of one" sold in the U.S. equipped exactly like this one. Wow. I got lucky.

Now I can patiently wait and see how things shake out next year and grab a new Scat Pack if possible.
Seems like that would go before the 392.

why would they sell the underpowered 5.7 ..... I would imagine the 392 would be the hold over.

I wouldn't call a 13.5 @ 106 car "underpowered" but yes, in the beginning they started with a model year of ONLY selling the SRT cars, so why not end with a model year of only selling SRT/392?

TripleT

Reaction score
it will be underpowered compared to the Tornado. And heavier and less efficient. I LOVE ... the sound and grunt of a V8 but the 5.7 can't survive unless it is upgraded, why do that when the 6.4 still has room to be tuned.

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
With all the uncertainty in the world right now, insane prices, and supply/production issues I decided to buy a nice used R/T specimen so I will at least have a V8 Challenger. Out of curiosity I emailed Dodge and they wrote back that my VIN checks out as "one of one" sold in the U.S. equipped exactly like this one. Wow. I got lucky.

Now I can patiently wait and see how things shake out next year and grab a new Scat Pack if possible.

I wouldn't call a 13.5 @ 106 car "underpowered" but yes, in the beginning they started with a model year of ONLY selling the SRT cars, so why not end with a model year of only selling SRT/392?
Yes with all the uncertainty, the possible war between Ukraine and Russia, micro chip shortage, really bad inflation, Feds increasing interest rates on mortgages with increasing gas prices makes me wonder if the price on the outgoing challenger will go down rather than up since the general public is complaining about the gasoline prices and invite the switchover to EV's.

Attachments

• FUEL PRICES.jpg
    FUEL PRICES.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread