Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Stewart Racing Pulls Drivers Leah Pruett & Matt Hagan From DSR For 2022!

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Tony Stewart Racing Pulls Drivers Leah Pruett & Matt Hagan From DSR For 2022!​

Mopar Ambassadors Move To New Team For 2022...​

1634237957858.png

The National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) had a major shakeup today, with two huge announcements surrounding the Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) camp. The first announcement was the return of 8x Top Fuel champion Tony Schumacher to full-time competition in 2022. Schumacher will be piloting Leah Pruett’s current ride with her Crew Chief Todd Okuhara tuning the car.

But the biggest announcement of the day was from the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) and World of Outlaws Sprint Car owner Tony Stewart. Stewart announced that his Tony Stewart Racing (TSR) identity would be fielding two entries (1 for Top Fuel, 1 for Funny Car) for the 2022 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Side Hill Gouger

Reaction score
Yes a huge loss. Just want to thank them for being great ambassadors of the Mopar brand and wish them good luck in future. They will probably be Ford drivers now and of course lose my support. Sorry been Mopar all my life.

SKAT PK

Reaction score

Tony Stewart Racing Pulls Drivers Leah Pruett & Matt Hagan From DSR For 2022!​

Mopar Ambassadors Move To New Team For 2022...​

View attachment 5297

The National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) had a major shakeup today, with two huge announcements surrounding the Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) camp. The first announcement was the return of 8x Top Fuel champion Tony Schumacher to full-time competition in 2022. Schumacher will be piloting Leah Pruett’s current ride with her Crew Chief Todd Okuhara tuning the car.

But the biggest announcement of the day was from the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) and World of Outlaws Sprint Car owner Tony Stewart. Stewart announced that his Tony Stewart Racing (TSR) identity would be fielding two entries (1 for Top Fuel, 1 for Funny Car) for the 2022 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series.

They won't get my support joining Ford.

mopar22

Reaction score
It will be a huge loss for Mopar if they switch to Ford.
Even bigger now that Ron Capps has mentioned yesterday was his last day at DSR. As of right now that means Dodge/Mopar has no actual know drivers in nhra in the top 3 divisions

TripleT

Reaction score
I don't know these Drivers if they aren't Driving for Mopar, good on Ford for poaching, but once they move on I could care less about them.

mopar22

Reaction score
I don't know these Drivers if they aren't Driving for Mopar, good on Ford for poaching, but once they move on I could care less about them.
Unless you know something we don't know, nomanufacture has been announced. As it stands right now mopar has no factory drivers for next year as it seems DSR is getting out of running a team

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Even bigger now that Ron Capps has mentioned yesterday was his last day at DSR. As of right now that means Dodge/Mopar has no actual know drivers in nhra in the top 3 divisions

Its looking better for 2022 for TSR and Mopar. Tony will be the only DSR in 2022. Sounds like TSR is getting both Leah and Matt's teams and equipmment.

mopar22

Reaction score
Its looking better for 2022 for TSR and Mopar. Tony will be the only DSR in 2022. Sounds like TSR is getting both Leah and Matt's teams and equipmment.
Tony Shoe got some of Leah's team, if not all of them (i know he got her crew chief). Antron Brown is taking his team with him and Matt is taking his with him as well. I'm gonna guess that Ron will be taking his as well wherever he goes. I know Leah got a new crew chif for next year who was under Matts team Tony Stewart Racing Names Crew Chiefs for NHRA Program

TripleT

Reaction score
Unless you know something we don't know, nomanufacture has been announced. As it stands right now mopar has no factory drivers for next year as it seems DSR is getting out of running a team
I don't , only that is who TS has now.

TripleT

Reaction score
hoping for it, but not a re-entry to Nascar.... new car though, engines are really just gm design.... no matter the marque

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Leah posted this today of them moving NHRA stuff from DSR to TSR... you can see Hagan's Charger bodies in the corner

TripleT

Reaction score
so your saying there is a chance???

Users who are viewing this thread