Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Elkann pushes Manley out - Manley no longer Stellantis North America CEO, Manley joins as Autonation CEO

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea why this happened.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
To be honest, I do not mourn this happening. Manley completely sabotaged Alfa Romeo when he had the chance.
Good riddance.

KrisW

Reaction score
Should really change the title of this thread. There’s no evidence that Elkann pushed him. Could have been anyone, could have been no-one. Manley could have just been headhunted.

I think he did well with Jeep, but I really don’t like how he managed Alfa Romeo, so I’m neutral-to-slightly happy on him going.

cygnus

Reaction score
You really think that Manley's fate wasn't decided by Elkann? Guy works for the company for 20 years and willingly goes to Auto Nation?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
People left companies due to various reasons. My guess is that Manley has felt that he has no chance of becoming the next Stellantis CEO or that it could not happen anywhere soon. So he left the company.

AlexB

Reaction score
People left companies due to various reasons. My guess is that Manley has felt that he has no chance of becoming the next Stellantis CEO or that it could not happen anywhere soon. So he left the company.
That’s my understanding too, no guarantee of regaining it. Also any future deal making.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention that Tavares may extend his reign past usual age for pension.

Mike Manley was the main protagonist behind the merger with PSA Elkann and earlier Marchionne had different ideas.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
I dont think he ever wanted the (real) CEO gig, he was put in place to find FCA a dance partner and then sail off into the sunset.

Users who are viewing this thread