Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfa Romeo News

AlexB

Reaction score
Alfa does bring passion!:p
But not doing E-segment CUV especially limits & harm the long-term of Alfa’s potential.
It will be seen as step below Mercedes & BMW leaving a gap for Stellantis portfolio.

pumadog

Reaction score

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
He seems like a down-to-earth guy. This quote is important:

“The second part is the electrification – Alfa Romeo, where is the vibe? We don’t have a choice,” he says, referencing the previous day’s EU Commission’s decision to ban internal combustion engines from 2035 and the long-standing prior diktat that the community reduces its CO2 output by 55% by 2030.

“So, the question is no longer whether we have a choice – we do not have choice,” Imparato stresses. “So, today the challenge for Alfa Romeo is to be electrified without losing the Alfa Romeo touch,” the 54-year-old says, emphasising the last word. “If we are not electrified, [Alfa Romeo] is dead.

The best way to ensure Alfa's survival is not to do half-assed atempts to minimally comply with regulations, but to dive head first and make the best sporty EVs possible.
Purists don't put their money where their mouth is in enough quantity to ensure Alfa's survival. So just give up on appeasing them and do your own thing. If the purists don't like it, tough luck, Alfa doesn't lose much by pissing them off since they barely put enough money on the brand as it is.

Appassito

Reaction score
He seems like a down-to-earth guy. This quote is important:

The best way to ensure Alfa's survival is not to do half-assed atempts to minimally comply with regulations, but to dive head first and make the best sporty EVs possible.
Purists don't put their money where their mouth is in enough quantity to ensure Alfa's survival. So just give up on appeasing them and do your own thing. If the purists don't like it, tough luck, Alfa doesn't lose much by pissing them off since they barely put enough money on the brand as it is.
Like all the anti-diesel purist in the old days.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Precisely! And they launched some of the first common-rail diesel engines.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Devoid of reality.
JMO

TripleT

Reaction score
Changing isn't fast enough... The Car Count is poor in the E-series. The sound sucks.... it all part of the experience.... if they don't want to do F1 rules go to Eseries.

Anyway I could not understand a damn thing he said.... Greenwashing like most be companies

TripleT

Reaction score
The reality is that we have a CEO who is passionate about Alfa Romeo.

What is going to take time is to convince fans of Indycar and F1 the Eracing is the same experience.... that lacks either a profound ignorance of the experience or it is plain Greenwashing nonsense.

Currently has less followers then Scale racing. Being motorsports fan tend to be some of the most resistant to motor-less motor sports.. All the trills of watching Samsung washers on a spin cycle race.

Appassito

Reaction score
What is going to take time is to convince fans of Indycar and F1 the Eracing is the same experience.... that lacks either a profound ignorance of the experience or it is plain Greenwashing nonsense.

Currently has less followers then Scale racing. Being motorsports fan tend to be some of the most resistant to motor-less motor sports.. All the trills of watching Samsung washers on a spin cycle race.
I do not know where the Eracing comes in.
He talks about: Design sympa et moderne / Sharp modern design

TripleT

Reaction score
I do not know where the Eracing comes in.
He talks about: Design sympa et moderne / Sharp modern design

Why the man who said “motorsport is dead unless it’s electrified” re-committed Alfa Romeo to F1​

^^^^^^THIS!!!!!!!^^^^^^^

hope that helps

Appassito

Reaction score

Why the man who said “motorsport is dead unless it’s electrified” re-committed Alfa Romeo to F1​

^^^^^^THIS!!!!!!!^^^^^^^

hope that helps
Your french must be better than mine, but i did not hear him talk in the video about - motorsport is dead unless it’s electrified -.

TripleT

Reaction score
Your french must be better than mine, but i did not hear him talk in the video about - motorsport is dead unless it’s electrified -.
Are you being Obtuse on purpose or does it just come natural... It is the HEADLINE of the article.

TripleT

Reaction score

Appassito

Reaction score

^^^^^^THIS!!!!!!!^^^^^^^

hope that helps
Maybe you tried to put a link attached to your text that did not work, so here is some info:

article link

"I put to him that it was under his watch that Peugeot cancelled its Le Mans and World Endurance Championship campaigns, justifying the move by at the time telling Autocar magazine, “One thing is for sure: motorsport is dead unless it’s electrified,” adding, “Asking for €220m ($220m) for a future motorsport programme is completely mad.”

How does he square those comments with the Alfa Romeo deal?

There is no denial that the comments were made, just a straight answer: “Because at one point the [cash-strapped] PSA situation was very, very tricky. We had to make some hard choices. Before extending the agreement of Alfa Romeo and Sauber I made some calculations about the return on investment of the situation of Alfa Romeo in terms of medium- and long-term vision.

“I decided that Formula 1 means motorsport means the message of efficiency that can feed [brand] values. The partnership was positive with our Sauber colleague. So, that we decided to go for it is also a message that Stellantis is a very stable group.”

Appassito

Reaction score
Are you being Obtuse on purpose or does it just come natural... It is the HEADLINE of the article.
Not to worry it is a natural talent. Obtuse here i come. -un angle obtus de 150°-

I put up a link to a video where Imparato talks future and i am refering to what was said in the video.
You refer to an article pumadog put up earlier.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
BEV only Alfa Romeo is a blasphemy.

Manley already did a lot of damage to Alfa Romeo. Cancellation of some projects, switching them to Maserati and pushing Alfa Romeo R&D away from Modena.

Seeing some plans intended by Imparato it would only be worse. Of course some of them are pushed by Portuguese mag Tavares.
No E-segment Alfa Romeo models.
No PHEV and MHEV for GIulia and Stelvio MCA which is BTW pushed back by one year and is toned down.
Killing FCA e-Mini platform due to political reasons and choosing suboptimal CMP which has further postponed Alfa Kid industrialisation.

Some not so good or very bad decisions from a get go.

Then he came with the new Alfa Romeo plan which was planned as BEV only launches starting in 2025 with all Alfa Romeo models being BEV only by 2030. And of course no E segment models which would be a bloodbath for North America and China.
Now he is talking about BEV only from 2027 and from what I've heard E-segment models are back in the mix.

Racing? I don't think that it's necessarily for Alfa Romeo to be in racing but current F1 program is strange and doesn't make much sense. Going to Indy would be IMO 100x times better.

TripleT

Reaction score
That bubbling exhaust tone a delight to your ears as you rev the engine, before executing the perfect launch, a hint of wheel spin, You push it through the corner trying to keep the rev in the perfect spot to launch down the straight just as you exist the apex. The car rewards all the senses the smell of the fuel and hot rubber, the feel of your body being pushed against the seat, the delight of watching the tach sweep across the dash, the scream of the engine as it reaches the peak, the deep tone as you engine brake into the next curve....

THIS IS A ALFA.

Set my cloth washer I mean Car in Track, Push the button for spin cycle, put it in Baby sitter mode, silently drive with LCD showing energy consumption with a earth picture in the background while I calculate whether I can do more than 5 laps before needing a hour charge.

THIS IS A SOULESS APPLIANCE

There is no ... it faster (for 5 laps), its the future, Coal powered cars are better for the environment, OEMs like the simplicity, governments love them ...... that makes this alright. I never meet a Electric car owner that had anymore passion for the car then the latest iphone, that it just a cool gadget to show off. The reason is clear part of the soul is sucked out replaced by a set of magnets and coils. "Pop the hood, and show me those batteries" is never said.

Face it anyone who doesn't think the is a 72' moment is in denial. Silent, fast, and efficient may be the future. But for sure this is a overall lose to what make owning a Motor Car like a Alfa and Dodge special. When it is lost the industry loses. Car guy and gadget guys are not the same.

If all that make a Alfa is a Italian Styling exercise it will eventually lose it luster like face Stainless Appliances at a big box store.

Users who are viewing this thread