Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New charger?

AlexB

Reaction score
“You would not imagine how exciting it is to electrify Dodge, which is all about e-muscle,” Tavares”
“its first pure electric muscle car in 2024. Tavares said it is exciting to electrify Dodge and the brand will introduce its electrified muscle car very soon and that it will be "very transformational.”

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Maserati granturismo has very similar dimensions to challenger so that ones a no brainer, and they've been working on the EV maeserati stuff for awhile, especially the GT's replacement...hmmm

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok that I didn’t know Maserati is going to share the platform with the next Challenger and Charger
Will be on STLA Large which is not just for Charger and Challenger, but for several Jeep and Chrysler models too.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Now they're saying the cars will be leaving Brampton next year for a facility in the US

Didnt they just sign a new union contract last year up there?

It last till 2024

ChargerFan1

Reaction score

Mopar392

Reaction score
ELECTRIC DODGE MUSCLE CAR COULD BE SOLD ALONGSIDE CURRENT CHARGER, CHALLENGER
“The new platform comes in 2024,” said Tim. “The new car comes in 2024. We didn’t say that the current cars are going to die in 2024. There might be a little overlap, but you’re not going to have years and years and years of the classic and the new one at the same time.”
The more I read it, the more I think the next Charger and Challenger will be electric only.

TripleT

Reaction score
That would critical error.... many of the young kids the are the foundation of Mopar clubs and the growth in the brand are tuners.

It would kill Dodge.

It has been a consistent thing to bring new models to new capacity to allow zero model change over capacity loss. Jefferson will soon be available and Belvederes second line. This would allow Brampton's issues with narrow line to resolved or to be used and model where that would not be limiting.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I believe all Chargers and Challengers will be "electrified". This term includes 48V mild hybrids, high voltage plugin hybrids and then all the way up to full battery electric.

Mopar392

Reaction score
They may be launched with only a EV powertrain configuration with Hybrids & PHEV’s coming later almost a “trickle down” launch.
I’d prefer it to be the other way around.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
That would critical error.... many of the young kids the are the foundation of Mopar clubs and the growth in the brand are tuners.

It would kill Dodge.

It has been a consistent thing to bring new models to new capacity to allow zero model change over capacity loss. Jefferson will soon be available and Belvederes second line. This would allow Brampton's issues with narrow line to resolved or to be used and model where that would not be limiting.
Yes but those guys won't enjoy getting routinely dusted by EV's which is already happening. I think Dodge's timing is perfect for this and EV's can be tuned, AEM is working on a tuner for the model S right now.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I drove a Challenger with AWD through a bitter cold front on a return trip from the WIndy City to Frostbite Falls, MN. The road conditions pretty much determined my speed, because I never go fast on slick surfaces. The headwinds knocked my mpg down to the mid-twenties on the dry interstates where I could increase my average speed.

There is a difference between being quick and being fast. I don't drive on slick surfaces because I hate getting busted if I break the law of physics. Constant high speed in an EV, without any catenary wire overhead to draw power from, also is subject to the laws of physics.

Often times a quarter horse is just a one trick pony.

TripleT

Reaction score
Yes but those guys won't enjoy getting routinely dusted by EV's which is already happening. I think Dodge's timing is perfect for this and EV's can be tuned, AEM is working on a tuner for the model S right now.
What kind of sick Joke is that, tuning a EV is about as fun as souping up a drying machine. Adding Ev enhancements to ICE is a wise transition but dropping the V8 suddenly would alienate Mopar people to a point that would be unrecoverable.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
What kind of sick Joke is that, tuning a EV is about as fun as souping up a drying machine. Adding Ev enhancements to ICE is a wise transition but dropping the V8 suddenly would alienate Mopar people to a point that would be unrecoverable.
A tune adds about 30hp (if lucky) to a 392, anything extensive voids the warranty. A tuner for an EV can unleash serious power - no different than when Tesla releases things like "ludicrous mode" over the air. Rather than waiting - just do it yourself. The new plaid runs 9.20's @ 150mph stock, the car probably has 8.90's already in it. Free power that just needs to be unlocked. Ability to make the car RWD to do burnouts, then switch back to AWD and tune the power application. OR, void warranty, spend $25,000 you'll never get back ripping the engine apart to build a quicker car that blows transmissions. I see where the future is headed - the true gear heads will be doing motor, battery pack and controller swaps, which will also need tuning.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
A tune adds about 30hp (if lucky) to a 392, anything extensive voids the warranty. A tuner for an EV can unleash serious power - no different than when Tesla releases things like "ludicrous mode" over the air. Rather than waiting - just do it yourself. The new plaid runs 9.20's @ 150mph stock, the car probably has 8.90's already in it. Free power that just needs to be unlocked.
Boring ….. 30hp??? Your joking that not the tunes the club members are doing and they don’t give a crap about warranty. Tesla is a fragile POS …. Club guys are going to want EV…. Call yourself a Charger fan while advocating it to be boring soulless appliance is counter the Mopar culture. Even with the announcement of EV model they got giant pushback and went on the defensive. Pretend all you want it not what drives the Dodge Image. Arguing for EV is a fundamental misreading of that culture. Added that this spirited driving drains them fast…. i am for Electric aids but not for destroying the brand

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Electric aids are a silly, heavy and expensive band-aid straight out of 2008.

See an 8 sec EV in action

All this Croatian (now merged with Bugatti LOL!) tech (and ET) will be in the 2024 Charger

Users who are viewing this thread