Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New charger?

cygnus

Reaction score
My guess is it will have one more extensive refresh, Styling pushed more towards a Crossover and will be milked into 2030s.

The Pacifica received its MCA during the 2021 MY. It's due for a full replacement at the 10 year mark, which is calendar 2025.

TripleT

Reaction score
The Pacifica received its MCA during the 2021 MY. It's due for a full replacement at the 10 year mark, which is calendar 2025.
And when was the new Charger scheduled.... So your going to take the bet? What flavor cookie?

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is it will have one more extensive refresh, Styling pushed more towards a Crossover and will be milked into 2030s.
Yes, perhaps some new sheetmetal too. To a similar extent as the 2015 Charger refresh. I don't think we'll see a fully redesigned, next generation minivan on a new platform.

TripleT

Reaction score
Yes, perhaps some new sheetmetal too. To a similar extent as the 2015 Charger refresh. I don't think we'll see a fully redesigned, next generation minivan on a new platform.

Summary of my point. The Minivan will carry on on the existing underpinning as long as it is sold. If there is ever a new one it will not be on either of the presented Architectures.

AlexB

Reaction score
Based on the available information your claim is false. STLA Medium size according to slides will not exceed 4.9 meters in length and around 1.9 meters in width. It's all about SLTA Large for, hmh, large unibody cars.

BTW it seems that Windsor is going with STLA Large in the future. Chrysler Airflow for example.
Base on the presentation they mention STLA Medium can stretch upwards and STLA Large can stretch down to small D .

AlexB

Reaction score
Summary of my point. The Minivan will carry on on the existing underpinning as long as it is sold. If there is ever a new one it will not be on either of the presented Architectures.
Which would interesting because it goes against cost savings goal of merger.
Correct me if I’m wrong Honda does the Odyssey and CRV on same underpinnings.

TripleT

Reaction score
Most of those saving are false... the only real saving is in less SKUs, you still have to have multiply capacity to fulfill the volumes. With new AI inventory management SKU saving goes away. With computational optimization much of the development savings go away. So really your just talking about managing the capacities to keep the at 80%, and not have excess implementation costs..... most that goes out the door if you are stretching to meet the application. You just end up with compromised application and savings that don't materialize. I guess common drivetrains and controls might garner some development saving.... Honestly it all mostly hoccus pocuss much of the saving will come through personnel and management restructuring.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Which would interesting because it goes against cost savings goal of merger.
Correct me if I’m wrong Honda does the Odyssey and CRV on same underpinnings.
I didn't think the CR-V was on that platform. I thought it was Pilot, Passport, Ridgeline, Odyssey, and last-gen MDX.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Base on the presentation they mention STLA Medium can stretch upwards and STLA Large can stretch down to small D .
I'm talking about official numbers.

STLA Medium stops at 4.9 x 1.9 meters

STLA Large starts at 4.7 x 1.9 meters

Stellantis EV Day 2021 Presentation, page 23

AlexB

Reaction score
I'm talking about official numbers.

STLA Medium stops at 4.9 x 1.9 meters

STLA Large starts at 4.7 x 1.9 meters

Stellantis EV Day 2021 Presentation, page 23
127:00-130:00.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
2024 Dodge Charger SRT Hammer Head will debut when the new model S does, SRT aims to please, all I am sayin'

Mopar392

Reaction score
Stellantis do have plenty of capacity in Europe, if anything output for something like Challenger could be moved to Europe.
Brampton becoming Truck plant would be interesting .
Why would you move a production of a car that is solely for the North American market to Europe and then import and incur additional costs??

Mopar392

Reaction score
The planned platform for the next Challenger, Charger and the 3rd vehicle is hybrid of L-platform and Giorgio and that decision was made at the time to minimize the plant retooling.
The current AN report could be Stellantis bargaining chip to get a better deal or move the production.
Moving Charger and Challenger production to another plant would require extensive retooling and with all Stellantis money being bet on EV, I would not think that would be an option.

AlexB

Reaction score
Why would you move a production of a car that is solely for the North American market to Europe and then import and incur additional costs??
There’s already a exercise that fly in the face of your post,: the Hornet is/ will be made Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread