Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carlos Tavares's Wall Street debut: January 19th STLA (Stellantis stock symbol ) and Media Press Conference

AlexB

Reaction score
@Bili
You got your wish!
Harald Wester remains the Head of Engineering his deputy is Patrice Lucas.

TripleT

Reaction score
No Alfa and Jeep cannot share suspension and some structural components without Heavily compromising what those brands are from expected performance perspective. I would find it hard to believe that anyone would be Naive enough to believe that. There can be a lot of sharing beyond that, but not in this area, and given the capacity constraints of those components real cost saving is a fallacy.

AlexB

Reaction score
Jean-Pierre Ploue will be the head of European Design, in charge for design for all Europe-related brands except for Maserati.

AlexB

Reaction score
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Stellantis is establishing an efficient governance from day one with the appointment of the top executive team, together with the nine dedicated committees covering company-wide performance and strategy.*

• Head of Americas: Mike Manley
  • Global Corporate Office: Silvia Vernetti
  • Chief Performance Officer: Emmanuel Delay
  • Chief Software Officer: Yves Bonnefont
  • Chief Affiliates Officer: Philippe de Rovira (sales finance, used cars, parts and service, retail network)
Region Chief Operating Officers:

• Enlarged Europe: Maxime Picat
    • Deputy: Davide Mele
    • Eurasia: Xavier Duchemin
  • North America: Mark Stewart
  • South America: Antonio Filosa
  • Middle East and Africa: Samir Cherfan
  • China: Grégoire Olivier (interim, in charge of DPCA)
  • India and Asia Pacific: Carl Smiley
    • Asean: Christophe Musy
    • rand Chief Executive Officers
      Global SUV:

• Jeep®: Christian Meunier, Synergies Referent
    • American Brands:
      • Chrysler: Timothy Kuniskis, Interim
      • Dodge: Timothy Kuniskis, Synergies Referent
      • Ram: Mike Koval
    • Core:
      • Citroën: Vincent Cobee
      • Fiat and Abarth: Olivier Francois, Synergies Referent and Global Chief Marketing Officer
    • Upper mainstream:
      • Opel and Vauxhall: Michael Lohscheller
      • Peugeot: Linda Jackson, Synergies Referent
    • Premium:
      • Alfa Romeo: Jean-Philippe Imparato, Synergies Referent
      • DS: Béatrice Foucher
      • Lancia: Luca Napolitano
    • Luxury:
      • Maserati: Davide Grasso
    • Mobility:
      • Free2Move: Brigitte Courtehoux
      • Leasys: Giacomo Carelli
    • Global Function Chief Officers:
      • Finance: Richard Palmer
      • Human Resources and Transformation: Xavier Chereau
      • General Counsel: Giorgio Fossati
      • Planning: Olivier Bourges
      • Purchasing and Supply Chain: Michelle Wen
      • Manufacturing: Arnaud Deboeuf
      • Design:
        • Ralph Gilles (Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep / Ram / Maserati / FIAT Latin America)
        • Jean-Pierre Ploue (Abarth / Alfa Romeo / Citroen / DS / FIAT Europe / Lancia/ Opel / Peugeot / Vauxhall)
      • Engineering: Harald Wester
        • Deputy: Patrice Lucas Cross Car Line and Project Engineering
        • Deputy: Nicolas Morel
      • CTO: (to be defined)
      • Sales and Marketing: Thierry Koskas
      • Customer Experience: Richard Schwarzwald
        • Deputy: Jean-Christophe Quemard
      • Communication and CSR: Bertrand Blaise

KrisW

Reaction score
Jean-Philippe Imparato is now head of Alfa Romeo brand. Formerly in charge of Peugeot. This could go either way, but I think I'm positive toward it - he certainly made Peugeot something that people care about now. Alfa has some really strong product, but the brand has not been managed well.

I'm somewhat confused to see Opel in "upper mainstream" - twenty years of GM dead hands means that's really not how people think of Opel around here: mainly cross-shopped with Toyota, Kia, FIAT in the value end of the market.
On the other hand, pleasantly suprised to see Lancia as "premium" rather than "Upper mainstream".. Now, they have to act on that categorisation.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice there wasn't any mention of Fiat Professional, LCVs, and Ram is only listed as an "American" brand. Do the PSA brands have commercial sales divisions? By this I mean a sales force outside the consumer marketing organizations. For example, Fiat Professional operates this way in that it is not generally directed towards consumers and looks to be a separate division from Fiat passenger cars in a number of markets.

The Ram Truck brand is directed much more towards commercial buyers in Latin American markets, unlike what happens here in North America.

AlexB

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice there wasn't any mention of Fiat Professional, LCVs, and Ram is only listed as an "American" brand. Do the PSA brands have commercial sales divisions? By this I mean a sales force outside the consumer marketing organizations. For example, Fiat Professional operates this way in that it is not generally directed towards consumers and looks to be a separate division from Fiat passenger cars in a number of markets.

The Ram Truck brand is directed much more towards commercial buyers in Latin American markets, unlike what happens here in North America

Could be under the ''Chief Affiliates Officer'' PSA's CFO new gig.

pumadog

Reaction score
Jean-Philippe Imparato is now head of Alfa Romeo brand. Formerly in charge of Peugeot. This could go either way, but I think I'm positive toward it - he certainly made Peugeot something that people care about now. Alfa has some really strong product, but the brand has not been managed well.

I'm somewhat confused to see Opel in "upper mainstream" - twenty years of GM dead hands means that's really not how people think of Opel around here: mainly cross-shopped with Toyota, Kia, FIAT in the value end of the market.
On the other hand, pleasantly suprised to see Lancia as "premium" rather than "Upper mainstream".. Now, they have to act on that categorisation.
Seems it's more about goals and history than the recent status. But Opel has a rich past with cars like the Admiral, Manta GT, Senator.

I hope Imparato is the right guy for Alfa Romeo. 😑

Any word on the regional engineering and design structures?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
One one place they are saying that the new plan will be unveiled in May or June. Alfa Days should follow in September. All subject to COVID19.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems it's more about goals and history than the recent status. But Opel has a rich past with cars like the Admiral, Manta GT, Senator.

I hope Imparato is the right guy for Alfa Romeo. 😑

Any word on the regional engineering and design structures?

I'm not confident about French guy at the head of Italian brand. Austrian or Bavarian will be better if needs to be non Italian.

But Imparato sounds Italian and he was Tavares' right hand. He was Vice President and CEO of Peugeot brand. So Tavares puts a lot of hopes in Alfa Romeo. And if we look at brand systematization then Alfa Romeo looks like a synergy referent for premium brands pole. Whatever it means.

AlexB

Reaction score
Kuniskis been reduced to just Dodge and ''Synergies Referent'' being added to Dodge is interesting.

sjon

Reaction score
I'm not confident about French guy at the head of Italian brand. Austrian or Bavarian will be better if needs to be non Italian.
Maybe you should do a bit of research who Imparato is and where he comes from and what he stands for.
Shooting someone down in flames is done on the other forum, maybe as T690 you should go and shake hands with your friend latranyi

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you should do a bit of research who Imparato is and where he comes from and what he stands for.
What does his private life means for running of the car business?

He running of the car business shows that he never been behind a car manufacturer with cars for petrolheads. That's what Alfa is car for petrolheads.

He had been at various positions at "chic" brands. French from PSA brand do not play on mechanical excellence. They are mostly about cute design, often for women public. Let's say they something similar what Lancia had been for the last 20 or 30 years.
I wouldn't be so critical if the guy comes from Renault. They have RS division, they have beautiful Alpine A110 which actually would also be a perfect Alfa Romeo. Actually they guy behind Alpine was Carlos Tavares.
Unfortunately PSA's corporate culture doesn't allow me to be optimistic about cars for petrolheads. They are here to deny me and I'll be very glad to see denial from their side.

Good side of Imparato? Finally Alfa Romeo may have a guy who speaks Italian.
And his best reference is for retail sales. As we know PSA is the best group in Europe in terms of margins for retail channel. Chapeu!

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Who is the new CTO? My bets are on Roberto Fedeli.
Maybe he is preoccupied with playing electric guitar.

Encouraging point is to see mister Harald Jacob Wester as the Chief Engineering Officer.
But where is American guy Mickey Bly? He is a highly capable engineer. @patfromigh likes him very much. He is ex GM guy. Of course for the last couple of years he was instrumental in FCA's electrification strategies.

BTW, French were very generous in terms of operational HQ.
Americans are very autonomous as is Maserati. They left Fiat in Italy and gave the whole premium brand pole governance to Italians.

pumadog

Reaction score
First Tavares Interview as Stellantis CEO in the FAZ (german)
My very first own car was an Alfa Romeo Sprint, 1.5 liter, dark blue. I bought it while graduating from engineering school in France. One of my private race cars is also powered by an Alfa engine. Italian brands have a rich history in terms of speed, elegance or product concept, plus Mediterranean passion. We will use this history to build a successful future. You can't help but love these cars.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Stellantis is establishing an efficient governance from day one with the appointment of the top executive team, together with the nine dedicated committees covering company-wide performance and strategy.*

• Head of Americas: Mike Manley
  • Global Corporate Office: Silvia Vernetti
  • Chief Performance Officer: Emmanuel Delay
  • Chief Software Officer: Yves Bonnefont
  • Chief Affiliates Officer: Philippe de Rovira (sales finance, used cars, parts and service, retail network)
Region Chief Operating Officers:

• Enlarged Europe: Maxime Picat
    • Deputy: Davide Mele
    • Eurasia: Xavier Duchemin
  • North America: Mark Stewart
  • South America: Antonio Filosa
  • Middle East and Africa: Samir Cherfan
  • China: Grégoire Olivier (interim, in charge of DPCA)
  • India and Asia Pacific: Carl Smiley
    • Asean: Christophe Musy
    • rand Chief Executive Officers
      Global SUV:
      • Jeep®: Christian Meunier, Synergies Referent
    • American Brands:
      • Chrysler: Timothy Kuniskis, Interim
      • Dodge: Timothy Kuniskis, Synergies Referent
      • Ram: Mike Koval
    • Core:
      • Citroën: Vincent Cobee
      • Fiat and Abarth: Olivier Francois, Synergies Referent and Global Chief Marketing Officer
    • Upper mainstream:
      • Opel and Vauxhall: Michael Lohscheller
      • Peugeot: Linda Jackson, Synergies Referent
    • Premium:
      • Alfa Romeo: Jean-Philippe Imparato, Synergies Referent
      • DS: Béatrice Foucher
      • Lancia: Luca Napolitano
    • Luxury:
      • Maserati: Davide Grasso
    • Mobility:
      • Free2Move: Brigitte Courtehoux
      • Leasys: Giacomo Carelli
    • Global Function Chief Officers:
      • Finance: Richard Palmer
      • Human Resources and Transformation: Xavier Chereau
      • General Counsel: Giorgio Fossati
      • Planning: Olivier Bourges
      • Purchasing and Supply Chain: Michelle Wen
      • Manufacturing: Arnaud Deboeuf
      • Design:
        • Ralph Gilles (Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep / Ram / Maserati / FIAT Latin America)
        • Jean-Pierre Ploue (Abarth / Alfa Romeo / Citroen / DS / FIAT Europe / Lancia/ Opel / Peugeot / Vauxhall)
      • Engineering: Harald Wester
        • Deputy: Patrice Lucas Cross Car Line and Project Engineering
        • Deputy: Nicolas Morel
      • CTO: (to be defined)
      • Sales and Marketing: Thierry Koskas
      • Customer Experience: Richard Schwarzwald
        • Deputy: Jean-Christophe Quemard
      • Communication and CSR: Bertrand Blaise
Interesting to see just two heads of design. I would assume that each brand would have its own.
I like that Alfa apparently has a petrolhead who owned Alfas at its front. And someone that knows how to comercially grow it. Surprised to see Lancia dubbed as premium. IMO, it should be the first brand on the chopping block.

Users who are viewing this thread