Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maserati MC20

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
After a few more days to digest these news I have to agree that this bet in Maserati makes a lot of sense. It would be unfair to give preferential treatment to Alfa over it.
Maserati is the flagship brand. And investing in it will shed the reputation that Maseratis are neutered Ferraris or fancy Chryslers (nevermind how innacurate that is). This MC20 was not developed in partnership with Ferrari. This IS a pure Maserati for all effects and purposes (even if initially developed as an Alfa).

And in the super/hyper car market, Maserati carries a lot more weight than Alfa. I can see the MC20 being a huge success.
As for Alfa they'll need to differentiate it from Maserati. The design needs to be different and this MC12/3200GT inspired look for Maserati assures that: those are the two most iconic Maseratis of the 90s/00s and have a visual identity that sets them apart from Alfa.

I'm excited for what they'll do next with Maserati. Can't wait to see the GranTurismo. That's my second favourite Maserati after the 3200GT so I can't wait to see the new generation.

pumadog

Reaction score
I'm also fine with Maserati getting the supercar instead of Alfa. It's the expensive luxury brand after all. I'm mad that Alfa doesn't get the GTV, new Giulietta, Giulia Sportwagon and E-CUV. Totally unbalanced amount of models (2021-2022) in comparison:

Alfa:
Giulia, Stelvio, Tonale, (B-CUV)
Maserati:
Ghibli, Quattroporte, Levante, GranTurismo, GranCabrio, Grecale, MC20, MC20 Cabrio

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
@pumadog

From what I've heard E-SUV and another fastback model are still in the cards. But they are waiting for Tavares to give them green light.

AlexB

Reaction score
I'm not a fan....not classy enough....it would been better as an Alfa.

Users who are viewing this thread