Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Files For “Hornet” Name Trademark Once Again:

Freshforged

Reaction score
So the midsized suv mentioned in the article—that filled the hole the journey leaves in Dodges lineup?

TripleT

Reaction score
no Dodge will fill the subprime Journey spot.... this will be a new offering.

Freshforged

Reaction score
no Dodge will fill the subprime Journey spot.... this will be a new offering.
I understand that. I am talking about size-wise. The Journey, for all its faults, was the crossover slotted below the Durrango; size-wise, price-wise, quality-wise, etc. This new model will not be an econobox just filling a gap left by eliminating the short wb Caravan. It will be the performance crossover people always wanted the Journey to magically morph int. More than ever, it will also clearly be smaller in every dimension than the coming BOF Durango. This is what I was trying to get at. And in this way (at least in my eyes) it replaces the Journey with something much more in tune with its current ethos.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand that. I am talking about size-wise. The Journey, for all its faults, was the crossover slotted below the Durrango; size-wise, price-wise, quality-wise, etc. This new model will not be an econobox just filling a gap left by eliminating the short wb Caravan. It will be the performance crossover people always wanted the Journey to magically morph int. More than ever, it will also clearly be smaller in every dimension than the coming BOF Durango. This is what I was trying to get at. And in this way (at least in my eyes) it replaces the Journey with something much more in tune with its current ethos.

Dodge has something pretty amazing coming into the Journey's spot in the lineup.

TripleT

Reaction score
When it was part of swb caravan plan it made sense... Not as the new Dodge …. AKA the brotherhood of muscle.... not so much

Freshforged

Reaction score
When it was part of swb caravan plan it made sense... Not as the new Dodge …. AKA the brotherhood of muscle.... not so much
You don’t think people want a “muscle suv”? I do. If Dodge doesn’t make it someone else will, and just like that, Dodge loses another market. The Dodge brand needs to move beyond Charger & Challenger if they want to stay relevant. A midsized, front engined/RWD (AWD), raked tall wagon with gobs of torque will capture market and boost profitabilit and in doing so will bring new people into the combined showrooms that wouldn’t otherwise be there. Now you might suggest that Jeeps Trailhawk has this covered, but Jeep is first and foremost an off-road brand and this needs to constantly be reinforced in order to maintain their market position—having a road-rocket detracts from this. It would be like deciding Dodge (street muscle) suddenly needed to have the preeminent rockcrawler in its portfolio.

Reactions: TLC

TripleT

Reaction score
You don’t think people want a “muscle suv”? I do. If Dodge doesn’t make it someone else will, and just like that, Dodge loses another market. The Dodge brand needs to move beyond Charger & Challenger if they want to stay relevant. A midsized, front engined/RWD (AWD), raked tall wagon with gobs of torque will capture market and boost profitabilit and in doing so will bring new people into the combined showrooms that wouldn’t otherwise be there. Now you might suggest that Jeeps Trailhawk has this covered, but Jeep is first and foremost an off-road brand and this needs to constantly be reinforced in order to maintain their market position—having a road-rocket detracts from this. It would be like deciding Dodge (street muscle) suddenly needed to have the preeminent rockcrawler in its portfolio.

I want one, just wonder if a cramp 3 row is even need in the midsize muscle CUV? I think not.

Users who are viewing this thread