With the 2023 Dodge Durango SRT HELLCAT catching all of the attention in media headlines, it’s high-performance 6.4-liter (392 cubic-inch) HEMI® “Apache” V8-powered sibling is already arriving in dealerships. Adding the “392” to the name of the Dodge Durango SRT in 2021, offering a cheaper alternative to the SRT HELLCAT model.
There is quite a lot of upgrades to the 2023 Dodge Durango SRT392 for the new model year. The 6.4-liter HEMI still delivers 475 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. The 2023 model can post a 0-60 mph acceleration of 4.4 seconds, has an NHRA-certified quarter-mile time of 12.9 seconds, and best-in-class towing capability of 8,700 pounds (matching the SRT HELLCAT).
The 2023 Dodge Durango SRT392 also adopts the rebound spring shocks and the upper rear top mounts from the SRT HELLCAT suspension, which helps to deliver faster lap times and better handling.
But let’s take a look at some of the key features for the 2023 Dodge Durango SRT392, that separates it from the rest of the 2023 Dodge Durango lineup…
- 6.4-liter (392 cubic-inch) HEMI V8
- Performance-Tuned All-Wheel-Drive (AWD)
- Brembo 6-Piston High-Performance Brakes
- Bilstein Active-Damping High-Performance Suspension
- 20-Inch x 10-Inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels
- SRT Flat-Bottom Performance Steering-Wheel with SRT Paddle Shifters
- Active Noise Cancellation System
- SRT Performance Pages and SRT Drive Modes
- Standard Three-Row, Six-Passenger Seating Capacity with Second-Row Captain’s Chairs
- 10.1-Inch Uconnect 5 Infotainment System with Navigation
For 2023, Dodge has simplified its entire Durango lineup to help fulfill orders faster. This means customers will be able to choose from three different packages for the SRT392 model.
Now, when the 2021 model made its debut, it had a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) starting at $62,995. But that is about to get a lot more expensive for 2023. According to Dodge, the starting MSRP for each trim will look like this…
- SRT392 Package – starting at $70,295
- SRT392 Plus Package – starting at $76,690
- SRT392 Premium Package starting at $81,590
But also keep in mind, those prices don’t include destination, taxes, title, and other fees.
Now on top of the Durango SRT392 standard features that we listed about, the new SRT392 Plus package adds the following content…
- Power Sunroof
- High-Performance Laguna Leather Seats
- Black Roof Rails
- Integrated Roof Rail Crossbars
- Forward Collision Warning
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop
- Advance Brake Assist
- Lane Departure Warning
- Rain Sense Windshield Wipers
- Trailer-Tow Group
The SRT392 Premium package adds to the Plus package by adding…
- SRT Red Brembo® Brake Calipers
- Red Seatbelts
- Premium Hand-Wrapped Instrument Panel
- Carbon Fiber Interior Accents
- 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System
- 2nd-Row Console & Storage
Many were disappointed at the lack of availability in the color department for the 2022 model. But for 2023, Dodge will keep the four colors from 2022, but also add five new colors to the lineup…
- DB Black (PXJ)
- White Knuckle (PW7)
- Velvet Red (PRV)
- Destroyer Gray (PDN)
- Frostbite (PCA) – NEW
- Night Moves (PCQ) – NEW
- Vapor Gray (PAS) – NEW
- Red Oxide (PHC) – NEW
- Triple Nickel (PSE) – NEW
All of the colors (except DB Black and White Knuckle) will come with an additional charge of $395. Multiple stripe and even the Black package are returning for 2023 as well. On the $1,845 Black package, the Durango SRT392 gets 20-inch x 10-inch Lights-Out Aluminum Wheels, Eclipse Black exhaust tip, Gray Metallic badges, and Satin Black “Dodge” taillamp badge.
For more information about inventory, ordering, and pricing, be sure to contact your local Dodge dealer.