Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stunning 1960 Chrysler 300F Hardtop Goes Up For Auction

If you’re a fan of Chrysler’s history and timeless design, the 1960 Chrysler 300F Hardtop currently up for auction on BringATrailer.com might be your dream ride. This stunning piece of American automotive heritage is not just a car; it’s a statement, a symbol of an era when cars were not just modes of transportation but expressions of style and power. Let’s dive into the details of this pristine beauty. Design and Features – Designed by the legendary Virgil Exner, the Chrysler 300F boasts an unmistakable presence on the road. With its pentagonal grille, tri-color 300F quarter-panel badges, and outward-swept rear … (read full article...)

Image 95.jpeg

bill burke

Reaction score
When I was a teen this 300 made my heart truly stand still. It’s timeless beauty endures and the heart beats strong with excitement after decades have flown by. This is a car dreams are made of and something one never forgets. Classic is a term often overused but this Chrysler is the truest example of classic design and engineering excellence worthy of that designation. Stay still my heart, my eyes fall upon my teenage dream and its 1960 again.

John Dreibelbis

Reaction score
My dad took me to antique car shows in the 1960s in his Virgil Exner designed 55 Plymouth with its small fins and "forward look". He moved up to a used 1960 Chrysler Windsor hardtop in its exuberant forward style. Wow, that car could go! I can’t afford to acquire another 60 Chrysler so I keep driving and preserving a 55 Plymouth like dad's.

Attachments

• 20230402_112811.jpg
    20230402_112811.jpg
    902.9 KB · Views: 0

jimboy

Reaction score
I really think the 1960 model Chryslers were Virgil Exner's best work. The pinnacle of his forward look vehicles. I can't think of a better looking Chrysler.

Users who are viewing this thread