Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Opel Grandland Gives A Preview Of Next-Gen Jeep® Compass

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Opel has raised the bar yet again with the introduction of the all-new 2024 Opel Grandland. This latest addition to the Opel lineup signifies a significant departure from its predecessor, boasting a plethora of luxurious features and cutting-edge technology that elevate it to a class of its own. Architecture and Powertrain – At the heart of the new Grandland lies the groundbreaking STLA Medium platform, a versatile architecture shared with the Peugeot 3008 that enables seamless integration of various powertrain options. For the environmentally conscious driver, Opel offers an all-electric variant equipped with either a 73 kWh or a 98 … (read full article...)

2024 Opel Grandland BEV AWD. (Opel). - 2.jpeg

patfromigh

Reaction score
This Opel Grandland has good proportions as far as length, width and cabin space. I'm only voicing my personal preferences on this. I am hoping to see a Jeep model with strait-edge styling like the 1984-90 Jeep Cherokee and the Patriot. The recently discontinued Renegade also used that style on a smaller vehicle. Also, the Recon is on the way. If the next Compass grows to the size of the Grandland, then it will crowd out the Cherokee against the Grand Cherokee.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I'd rather have them certify the Chinese Jeep rather than an European Opel or Peugeot.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I believe the thrust of the article is towards this being a global platform. This Grandland has a dash which is easy to hate. Many people have voiced their objections to hierarchical menus menus with laminate touchscreens. A spokesperson for Hyundai-KIA publicly apologized for this at the NY auto show saying they will bring back more buttons for the HVAC and radio.

I'm pretty sure the next Compass power train will be built here because Dundee is being retooled. Stellantis has been in the habit of introducing the fully electric version of a new model first, and then whatever ICE option is added later. When the Vauxhall version of the Grandland was reviewed by Electrified on YouTube, they did mention the ICE option was a PHEV, but didn't go into details as far as engine, motor, and transmission.

One of the two Chinese Leapmotor models to be sold in Europe is close in size to the Grandland and will post a higher price than the Compass. I'll pass on that.

I am still puzzled why Stellantis management thinks we in North America prefer European designs over those designs coming from Latin America. The Jeep Commander and Ram Rampage seem to resonate with many of us on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread