Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UAW And Stellantis At Odds Over Recent Layoffs

The United Auto Workers (UAW) and Stellantis find themselves at loggerheads over recent layoffs following the negotiation of a new contract. In November, the UAW celebrated its agreement as a “landmark” achievement, boasting significant gains, including hefty investments in the U.S. market, substantial wage hikes, and the promise of full-time positions for almost 3,000 temporary … (read full article...)

Image 235.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Forget the profits. To avoid layoffs and to remain competitive, lower the price and build more. They will sell if you drop the price about 30-percent. People are not willing to seek loans at 7 percent and the vehicle cost the same as buying a house in Arkansas.

TripleT

Reaction score
Forget the profits. To avoid layoffs and to remain competitive, lower the price and build more. They will sell if you drop the price about 30-percent. People are not willing to seek loans at 7 percent and the vehicle cost the same as buying a house in Arkansas.
Yeah that worked the 3 times they nearly got pitched on the Trash heap of history. It should be run as a Charity to provide jobs and mediocre transportation to the previous generation of Mopar buying public most of them are at the Kia dealer. You do get there is fiduciary legal responsibility to act in the best interest of shareholders? Until the latest set of launches are sorted and the capacity is worked out there is no volume or capacity maximalization that works in a way profitable way at the moment. There a too few cash cows still made.

Now I get you inflation is insane right now.... but that is more related to monetary policy than any thing else, Hell some places Big Mac meals are over $20.

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
Especially since most of their vehicles haven't changed in years thanks to incompetent, globalist upper management and BEV development.

TripleT

Reaction score
Oh, we just here casting lines. Name for me the Current hold over models. I will help you Durango.... So, that is Most to you.... Hmmm .....

North American and Brazil are the only countries in the GLOBALIST corporation with Bespoke product lines so the Xeno-fear mongering language is interesting. Seems that would be more finger pointed our way on why NA get so much dedicated resources but oK.

OEMS hate BEV push.... it's not market driven, it is Government driven. Nearly every CEO has pushed back including interesting enough Musk. I suppose you're one of those stop doing business in CARB states while push volume people.

In the next 3 model years at minimum, you have coming KZ, LB29, LB49, likely LC29, DT REPB, EJ, DT BEV, KM74, C6X, J4U, WL75-2, JL-2, JT-2, RU-2, and RV53. And I am sure a couple other missing like the Rampage. Yeah, those damn Globalist are starving NA out for investment.

1715718635544.png

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
Yeah that worked the 3 times they nearly got pitched on the Trash heap of history. It should be run as a Charity to provide jobs and mediocre transportation to the previous generation of Mopar buying public most of them are at the Kia dealer. You do get there is fiduciary legal responsibility to act in the best interest of shareholders? Until the latest set of launches are sorted and the capacity is worked out there is no volume or capacity maximalization that works in a way profitable way at the moment. There a too few cash cows still made.

Now I get you inflation is insane right now.... but that is more related to monetary policy than any thing else, Hell some places Big Mac meals are over $20.
You sound like Cerberus who drove Chrysler into bankruptcy in 2008 and were totally out of touch with the customer. Lack of commitment and development.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
Oh, we just here casting lines. Name for me the Current hold over models. I will help you Durango.... So, that is Most to you.... Hmmm .....
In a sea of nothing new, yup it matters.

And since it matters mr knowitall, Ram HD cab is circa 2009. Oh but we ignore that. Nothing new, Chrysler is still….well nothing. Dodge has Hornet and dated Durango, Ram has a generation old platform and half-Gen old for 1500, yep. Funny how you gloss over facts while pretending to know absolutely everything.

I really love that you are so eager to be a recurring fool on here. No need for popcorn with your ignorant ass to hold us over.

AlexB

Reaction score
You sound like Cerberus who drove Chrysler into bankruptcy in 2008 and were totally out of touch with the customer. Lack of commitment and development.
You sound like a person who don't get why Chrysler went bankrupt in 2009.

TripleT

Reaction score
You sound like a person who don't get why Chrysler went bankrupt in 2009.
Bankrupcy is that natural outcome of "Forget the profits. To avoid layoffs and to remain competitive, lower the price and build more. "

Sometimes you need to stop making cars a loss.

Who would have thought?

WXman

Reaction score
A popular YouTuber who goes by "Butter Da Insider" posted a video yesterday with somewhat credible evidence that Stellantis is purposefully sabotaging the new Ram 1500 trucks due to their hatred of the Union.

And then lo and behold what do I see next? A 2025 Ram 1500 review video by Matt Maran, a renowned automotive reviewer on YouTube, talking about how the '25 Ram he got to review was littered with electrical issues including a total loss of cruise control function among other things.

This is.... interesting.

AlexB

Reaction score
A popular YouTuber who goes by "Butter Da Insider" posted a video yesterday with somewhat credible evidence that Stellantis is purposefully sabotaging the new Ram 1500 trucks due to their hatred of the Union.

And then lo and behold what do I see next? A 2025 Ram 1500 review video by Matt Maran, a renowned automotive reviewer on YouTube, talking about how the '25 Ram he got to review was littered with electrical issues including a total loss of cruise control function among other things.

This is.... interesting.
Ram 1500 MCE/MCA is the company's main push to investors... if anybody is harming its the workers.

WXman

Reaction score
Ram 1500 MCE/MCA is the company's main push to investors... if anybody is harming its the workers.

The Butter Da Insider video I referenced would be worth a watch. I don't know either way, but the UAW workers examples of things they are seeing is awfully curious to me. I am by no means a fan of the Union, but when you hear multiple employees describe explicit details of things they are seeing the way they do in that video, it raises eyebrows.

TripleT

Reaction score
You know what drives traffic Youtube channel? Yeah this sort of stuff, not feed the trolls.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The Butter Da Insider video I referenced would be worth a watch. I don't know either way, but the UAW workers examples of things they are seeing is awfully curious to me. I am by no means a fan of the Union, but when you hear multiple employees describe explicit details of things they are seeing the way they do in that video, it raises eyebrows.

ipa0628

Reaction score

North American and Brazil are the only countries in the GLOBALIST corporation with Bespoke product lines so the Xeno-fear mongering language is interesting. Seems that would be more finger pointed our way on why NA get so much dedicated resources but oK.

OEMS hate BEV push.... it's not market driven, it is Government driven. Nearly every CEO has pushed back including interesting enough Musk. I suppose you're one of those stop doing business in CARB states while push volume people.

In the next 3 model years at minimum, you have coming KZ, LB29, LB49, likely LC29, DT REPB, EJ, DT BEV, KM74, C6X, J4U, WL75-2, JL-2, JT-2, RU-2, and RV53. And I am sure a couple other missing like the Rampage. Yeah, those damn Globalist are starving NA out for investment.

View attachment 9517
More alphabet soup. Some of us know only a few of the code names. Speak in words that we all understand.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
More alphabet soup. Some of us know only a few of the code names. Speak in words that we all understand.

TripleT

Reaction score
Seen the KZ and KM49 for the WagoneerS(which I hope gets a new name) has this been confirmed it about to be built.

And I for the life of me can't find Rampage body code. Yes I was lazy and used body Code as people who regularly read would recognize.

@redriderbob with Brampton becoming a STLA mid plant the Compass isn't enough fill its capacity so surely more Mids will be on the way, Maybe a Renegade replacement or Small CUV for Chrysler or Dodge. Removing the shipping cost and currency issues versus the Euro would make a Hornet replacement more cost effective.

Surely this clears room for Rampage for NA, and built in Mexico means it still can go the LATAM.

And did they do this in order NOT fix the Narrow build window that Renault stuck the plant with???

Sorry to interrupt any fishing from a moving boat or flaming or complaining that ancient hemi was replaced with better powerplant for real discussion.

I pessimistic about Belvedere... I honestly don't see a product for the plant on the Horizon.

Last edited:

James.A

Reaction score
This is the guy who has multiple videos about Stellantis hiding a surprise HEMI before the Charger was revealed and he was proven wrong. I'd argue that nothing he posts is worth watching. As for Matt Maran, he made the point in that video that it was an early test car so maybe that is why there were electronic bugs and he still prefers the Ram above its competitors.

Users who are viewing this thread